Fabian Delph linked in Mirror (Merged)

Re: Fabian Delph linked in Mirror

Would be a good signing imo. Great potential and won't expect to step straight into the fray.

Offer them £5m with a 25% sell on clause in the contract and then loan him back to them for a season. We get a player cheap, they get a cash injection when/if he ever leaves and they get to keep him this season. Good deal all round I'd say.

More than a rumour on Fabian Delph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

City agreed a deal late last night, financial and personal terms agreed. Bates asking to keep him on loan for next season.

We hope to announce at some point later today.

Fooking brilliant piece of business - £10m with add ons up to £12m - money also going to his old club Bradford.

Blown everyone out of the water.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

City agreed a deal late last night, financial and personal terms agreed. Bates asking to keep him on loan for next season.

Fooking brilliant piece of business - £10m with add ons up to £12m - money also going to his old club Bradford.

Ha ha good guess by me (see my post above yours) makes sense tbh. Loan him back to them and help develop him as he aint getting into our squad this season.

not my fault! said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Ha ha good guess by me (see my post above yours) makes sense tbh. Loan him back to them and help develop him as he aint getting into our squad this season.
i thought he'd be good to have around especially with elano gone he could be irelands back up, play a few carling cup games etc.

Hear what your saying but think he isnt experienced enough tbh. Playing at Leeds is a million miles away from playing in the Premiership. In the future he will be a good buy, but at present I think letting him stay at Leeds will a great move for all parties.

Lomas has a lob on said:
not my fault! said:
i thought he'd be good to have around especially with elano gone he could be irelands back up, play a few carling cup games etc.

That could still well happen in terms of him arriving immediately at City. But we are happy to keep Bates sweet, hence the announcement has been delayed a little.

Hughes has pulled off a masterstroke on this one - even United had been asked to be kept informed but Bates has fooked them all in the arse.

Have to say I don't know much about this lad but if he is a good prospect what's the point in him being loaned back to Leeds? I understand that it means we get in on the deal ahead of the rest of the Prem and have a good young prospect on our books. But I'd much rather he came and trained with Stevie and Barry than at Leeds and then got experience on our bench and playing for our reserves. Might get to come on for Ireland or Barry in any games we're winning easily so he could have a 15 mins run out for the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.