Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I referred to him as a "walking yellow card" that does not simply translate to the number of bookings he's gotten but his style of play and tackling; which is all too often reckless and akin to a headless chicken.

I don't believe there can be any denial of that if someone has seen him play even just the once. I've seen "energetic" thrown around a lot, that's nothing more than a nice way to say he dives in a lot imo. For someone to have compared him to Barry is laughable.
If you are referring to my earlier comment then just to make it clear. I did not compare the two as players. GB is one of my favourite City players of recent years and unquestionably superior to Delph. I merely said that such a signing would be of little risk and relatively inexpensive.
If you are referring to someone elses post simply ignore the drivel written above.

Apart from being Villa's best player for yonks? Playing a starring role for England? Oh yeah I get it, Villa are shit, England are shit, so therefore he's not good enough for us. I wish some of you lot had the self awareness to realise how brattish you sound. Fair enough you're entitled not to rate this player but he's going to prove you all wrong.

Being Aston Villa's best player for yonks with their recent form is hardly a great achivement is it? I'd also argue Barry and Milner were far better CMs for them than Delph was. On the subject of England, hes played six games, six. That's hardly a starring role. Sorry that we don't all conform to your opinions mate, but in my opinion he isn't good enough or at the standard we need. As I've said before, if he signs, I hope he proves me wrong.

This is bad move for both the player and the club. Anybody that thinks he has even ant's ass of a chance of getting a place in our midfield needs to get checked in instanta. Even Jimmy who is supremely more talented than him couldn't get a sniff. And the comparisons with Schneiderlin? Please stop it. You are embarrassing yourself. As for whoever is in charge of player acquisitions, you claim we want to surpass Madrid and Barcelona, but please tell me this, would Madrid or Barcelona ever consider a player like Delph, even for their bench? If so, please dont mind me. Carry on.
sport-graphics-2005_721942a.jpg

Being Aston Villa's best player for yonks with their recent form is hardly a great achivement is it? I'd also argue Barry and Milner were far better CMs for them than Delph was. On the subject of England, hes played six games, six. That's hardly a starring role. Sorry that we don't all conform to your opinions mate, but in my opinion he isn't good enough or at the standard we need. As I've said before, if he signs, I hope he proves me wrong.
You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine that it shows raglike arrogance to discount a players excellent form because he's only playing for Aston Villa.

yet Barry and Milner got the same sort of responses you gave when they came here and proved people wrong.

opinions are fine but when some just completely dismiss a player as shit or not good enough i find wrong as a player can and mostly will improve in such a team as ours.

Maybe it's just me but I'd prefer to tackle the homegrown quota by investing in quality and when suitable and applicable by promoting youth.

It's one of the reasons I really want the club to sign Sterling. Even at £50m he represents a better investment long term that going out and buying an average player for £10m each summer for the next 5 years. Like Shaw, who yes was ridiculously over-priced, but United won't need to spend big money if any on a left back for quite a while. It's why any Wilshere interest was or is understandable, he's of that quality that he could not only slot into our first team right now but for the forseable and considerable future.

Signings like Delph, to me, are stop gaps. That's the comparison I would use with regards to Sinclair, Rodwell not playing characteristics. He's not a player we've looked at and thought "We'd love to have him, and he's cheap even better" in my opinion, it's the other way around; "Oh he's cheap? Get him in" and that's not how I would prefer the club to address the HG issues.

Someone said we can use the 17 spots for foreign players as flexibilty regarding quality, for me again it's the other way around. We don't need 17 foreign players but we do need to have at least 8 HG players. So instead of constantly rotating average players to fulfill that number I would rather the club invest in real quality that can sustain a presence in the squad.

Perhaps harsh on Rodwell but certainly Sinclair was bought as a stop gap. Someone who was cheap and allow us to meet the requirements of the league regarding the squad and who many thought we could just flog later on. That proved difficult and he's only left this season whilst the club paid his way for next to fuck all contribution. That's what I see Delph as, especially with the Euros next season.

If he were to receive the same playing as Fernando did say up until January then he'd still be annoyed imo and rightly so. He has an England squad to get into and if he feels he's not doing enough to merit consideration he'll be off and with good reason. Meanwhile we'll be back at square one. I've seen people say Pogba won't risk a spot in France's squad by sitting on Barca's bench for 6 months, surely that applies to Delph?

Again, I would rather the club address the HG issues by investing in quality HG players that are not just capable of playing in our first team with no perceived drop off in quality but can stay for years. If you take into account Delph's fee then that will ve around £25m spent on him, Rodwell and Sinclair as well as God knows how much on 3 seperate wages. That's money that could go towards one quality player, again, Schneiderlin. Instead of constant turnover. If Delph wasn't so cheap we wouldn't be looking at him and that's my point that links into that. If Villa asked for £25m for him and Southampton asked for £25m for Schniederlin, with an obvious difference in quality, but then we find out Delph is £8m we go after Delph. That's the wrong way to address it imo. I'd prefer investment in quality players that can be a sustained presence in the squad as well as the promotion of youth ahead of a rotating door of average players for £5/10m a pop.

Though, obviously I think he's shite for no reason and I hate him because he shagged my missus #logic

Maybe it's just me but I'd prefer to tackle the homegrown quota by investing in quality and when suitable and applicable by promoting youth.

It's one of the reasons I really want the club to sign Sterling. Even at £50m he represents a better investment long term that going out and buying an average player for £10m each summer for the next 5 years. Like Shaw, who yes was ridiculously over-priced, but United won't need to spend big money if any on a left back for quite a while. It's why any Wilshere interest was or is understandable, he's of that quality that he could not only slot into our first team right now but for the forseable and considerable future.

Signings like Delph, to me, are stop gaps. That's the comparison I would use with regards to Sinclair, Rodwell not playing characteristics. He's not a player we've looked at and thought "We'd love to have him, and he's cheap even better" in my opinion, it's the other way around; "Oh he's cheap? Get him in" and that's not how I would prefer the club to address the HG issues.

Someone said we can use the 17 spots for foreign players as flexibilty regarding quality, for me again it's the other way around. We don't need 17 foreign players but we do need to have at least 8 HG players. So instead of constantly rotating average players to fulfill that number I would rather the club invest in real quality that can sustain a presence in the squad.

Perhaps harsh on Rodwell but certainly Sinclair was bought as a stop gap. Someone who was cheap and allow us to meet the requirements of the league regarding the squad and who many thought we could just flog later on. That proved difficult and he's only left this season whilst the club paid his way for next to fuck all contribution. That's what I see Delph as, especially with the Euros next season.

If he were to receive the same playing as Fernando did say up until January then he'd still be annoyed imo and rightly so. He has an England squad to get into and if he feels he's not doing enough to merit consideration he'll be off and with good reason. Meanwhile we'll be back at square one. I've seen people say Pogba won't risk a spot in France's squad by sitting on Barca's bench for 6 months, surely that applies to Delph?

Again, I would rather the club address the HG issues by investing in quality HG players that are not just capable of playing in our first team with no perceived drop off in quality but can stay for years. If you take into account Delph's fee then that will ve around £25m spent on him, Rodwell and Sinclair as well as God knows how much on 3 seperate wages. That's money that could go towards one quality player, again, Schneiderlin. Instead of constant turnover. If Delph wasn't so cheap we wouldn't be looking at him and that's my point that links into that. If Villa asked for £25m for him and Southampton asked for £25m for Schniederlin, with an obvious difference in quality, but then we find out Delph is £8m we go after Delph. That's the wrong way to address it imo. I'd prefer investment in quality players that can be a sustained presence in the squad as well as the promotion of youth ahead of a rotating door of average players for £5/10m a pop.

Though, obviously I think he's shite for no reason and I hate him because he shagged my missus #logic
Do you seriously believe that we'd sign a player we believe to be 'average' and 'not good enough to play for our team' because he's cheap and home grown? Clearly people disagree with your assessment of the player and believe he is good enough to make the step up, and I agree with them not you.

Do you seriously believe that we'd sign a player we believe to be 'average' and 'not good enough to play for our team' because he's cheap and home grown? Clearly people disagree with your assessment of the player and believe he is good enough to make the step up, and I agree with them not you.
Yes

article-2196301-14C4F905000005DC-233_634x421.jpg

And Ok.

I've also seen people in agreement with my assesment, let's add that for balance. Nothing to add to any discussion on the player or just personal jabs? No? Ok then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.