Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really an excited transfer but you can't argue that we've got him for a good price

DELPH NEARS CITY MOVE

Fabian Delph will complete his £8m move from Aston Villa toManchester City in the next 24 hours, according to the Daily Mail.

The England midfielder, 25, is believed to have agreed personal terms with Manuel Pellegrini's side after City activated his release clause.

Hopefully with City he won't have to do quite as much work as at Villa and avoid yellows. Not to say he won't be expected to put in a shift, but won't be carrying a team.

Really don't get this one, at all. Especially when there are quality alternatives for that kind of squad berth, for not much more, in Aranguiz - someone who would have the quality to play regularly in the first XI, while Delph doesn't.

Another quota signing, brought in because of his passport rather than his qualities as a player. He's not a young lad either, so he's close to his ceiling at present as well, not much room for improvement.

Looking precisely like another Sinclair type move, doomed to failure. Although I'll grant Delph that he's more accomplished than Sinclair, albeit I don't think he has the quality to make it here.

He'll get little playing time, and that will ruin his England chances. And we'll be absolutely slaughtered for that by the gutter press, and he'll held up as an example by those who wish deter genuinely promising English youngsters from signing for us in future.

That's my opinion, and I'm not going to be brow beaten into changing it by the usual suspects on here. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and I hope he proves me wrong, but this is my interpretation of the move at present.

I still remember people who expressed similar sentiment and reservations about the Sinclair move being shouted down, even debate about who we'd rather have between him and Walcott - seems quite absurd now.

Like I said though, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he proves me wrong, but I have very real doubts as of now.

Good signing, watched him closely since we nearly signed him a few years back. Think he will prosper around better players.

Really don't get this one, at all. Especially when there are quality alternatives for that kind of squad berth, for not much more, in Aranguiz - someone who would have the quality to play regularly in the first XI, while Delph doesn't.

Another quota signing, brought in because of his passport rather than his qualities as a player. He's not a young lad either, so he's close to his ceiling at present as well, not much room for improvement.

Looking precisely like another Sinclair type move, doomed to failure. Although I'll grant Delph that he's more accomplished than Sinclair, albeit I don't think he has the quality to make it here.

He'll get little playing time, and that will ruin his England chances. And we'll be absolutely slaughtered for that by the gutter press, and he'll held up as an example by those who wish deter genuinely promising English youngsters from signing for us in future.

That's my opinion, and I'm not going to be brow beaten into changing it by the usual suspects on here. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and I hope he proves me wrong, but this is my interpretation of the move at present.

I still remember people who expressed similar sentiment and reservations about the Sinclair move being shouted down, even debate about who we'd rather have between him and Walcott - seems quite absurd now.

Like I said though, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he proves me wrong, but I have very real doubts as of now.

Really got it in for this signing havent you..

For 8m £ it's a steal still, compared to Aranguiz for what - 20m £, and he's completely unproven other than copa america.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.