Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough mate, but let me explain myself.

I don't mean that I'm not willing to listen to credible arguments for the transfer, I'm always open to debate and discussion and willing to hear contrary views, I'd be a buffoon if I didn't. What I meant, is that I refuse to be shamed for being 'negative' or not being uber positive and happy clappy.

"Rag" etc etc.

If people want to dispute my points then that's fine, but I'm not going to be shamed for my opinion because it goes against a prevailing trend of what makes a proper blue or some other such nonsense.

Whilst we've bought some similar level players who didn't work out, others have. Gareth Barry, James Milner, Adam Johnson, Joe Hart all panned out pretty well. Yes some cost more, but they weren't seen as world beaters when we got them, just 'good' - much like Delph. Neither Barry, Johnson nor Milner left as world beaters either, but they did contribute to our success, and took medals with them. If Delph manages the same, surely that's good for City and the player?

Fair enough mate, but let me explain myself.

I don't mean that I'm not willing to listen to credible arguments for the transfer, I'm always open to debate and discussion and willing to hear contrary views, I'd be a buffoon if I didn't. What I meant, is that I refuse to be shamed for being 'negative' or not being uber positive and happy clappy.

"Rag" etc etc.

If people want to dispute my points then that's fine, but I'm not going to be shamed for my opinion because it goes against a prevailing trend of what makes a proper blue or some other such nonsense.

I obviously agree with that but "pre-arguing" doesn't really put that across to people.

Personally I'm for the transfer based almost entirely on its value. I think in 2 years time we can get double that, and also think that he is good enough to play against 15 of the teams in the Premier League and in the League Cup so will help out with squad rotation. Sort of how United always had Wes Brown or Anderson around despite them obviously not being good enough. You need a cake with icing then the cherries on top to function as a decent squad coming up against 60 games a season. If he gives us an option to take West Brom at home on a Sunday so Yaya can stay on the bench for when we play Real Madrid on the Tuesday then I see no real problem with it.

He's better than all of our young players in that position, is home grown and obviously has spectacular value for money. He cost £4m less than Fernando who was a stopgap. Championship players are going for £8m now, it's an insultingly low price.

Him at £8m or Wilshere at £40m to me is just flat out daft as a question. Don't forget, we do need a homegrown midfielder to balance out the squad and we'll be buying one no matter what. Spending less money on this position gives us more money to spend on the stars that we want to land.

Delph looked good for us in an awful side.

Really don't see him making an impact at Man City.

I can see why you'd think that, and might be right, but nobody will know until he tries - right?
As for Delph himself, what footballer wouldn't want to try? nobody wants to retire and be left wondering 'what if?'
If it doesn't pan out, he'll have no trouble getting another club anyway.

WTF is 'pre-arguing'?
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.