Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why you've got such an issue with this to be honest. I'd suggest, over the years, that Milner has played a significant role in our seasons, to one extent or another. Milner has now gone, Delph has now arrived. So now Delph will play a significant role. Yes, he's not the English version of Messi, but neither was Milner. He'll work his arse off, he'll pass the ball fairly well but not spectacularly, he'll get more than enough game time to make a "significant impact". He's not an "instead of Pogba" signing, he's a replacement for Milner.

What I just don't get is people thinking every single signing we make needs to be a £40m world class player. No squad, not even Barca or Real, is made up of 25 world class players. It's not possible to keep them all happy, and it's not affordable. Delph, a good quality player, a full England international, a player who at £8m is costing at most 50% of what he's actually worth, he ticks so many boxes it's unreal. Comparisons to Sinclair are just remarkably ill informed. The vast majority of City fans saw no sense in the Sinclair signing, he never demonstrated being good enough, even in a rotation role, for City. Delph is definitely good enough to play his part. He's certainly on a par with the likes of Fernando and Milner.
Who thinks that and/or why is that the reasoning for anyone who's sceptical about the deal?

Why can't people just think he's bang average?

Who thinks that and/or why is that the reasoning for anyone who's sceptical about the deal?

Why can't people just think he's bang average?

The people saying "why spend £8m on Delph, we should be paying £40m for Wilshere".

Ignoring the fact that £40m might not get us Wilshere, or that Arsenal might simply not want to sell, or that Wilshere might have no interest in leaving, or that Wilshere isn't actually world class anyway, and would be overpriced at £40m.

We needed a home grown midfielder so we've gone out and bought the best available one, common sense really.

The last time(s) we signed Villa's best central midfielder they both played a crucial role in our success. Hopefully Delph will follow Barry's and Milner's lead.

I'm not sure he's good enough for our team, however I hope he proves me wrong as I want all our players to do well. Wasn't sure when we signed Milner or Barry either but Milner turned out OK & Barry was a great player for us IMO. If he's anything like those two he will be a good signing.

The people saying "why spend £8m on Delph, we should be paying £40m for Wilshere".

Ignoring the fact that £40m might not get us Wilshere, or that Arsenal might simply not want to sell, or that Wilshere might have no interest in leaving, or that Wilshere isn't actually world class anyway, and would be overpriced at £40m.
Good post Matty, some shite being posted about Delph on here, though the majority seem happy with it.

I have no problem at all with the fee. Call me old fashioned but I don't like us signing players just to fill a quota and there is no way Delph would have agreed to join us to play a bit part role. No doubt we've given him assurances that he'll get lots of football for us but he won't. If we sign Pogba that makes Delph our 4th best midfield player so he can dream on playing in the CL and will probably only play in the league against the Watford's and Stokes. Like I said I see this ending in tears just my opinion.
How about answering my question.....

Name me homegrown players that are worthy of being brought in at reasonable money who would be first team regulars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.