Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.

I will be disappointed if this means he is our alternative to Pogba.

Delph doesn't get in our starting XI as it is.

Decent squad player though and will replace Milner pretty much like for like.

@Damocles

Not encouraging.

Not sure why you've got such an issue with this to be honest. I'd suggest, over the years, that Milner has played a significant role in our seasons, to one extent or another. Milner has now gone, Delph has now arrived. So now Delph will play a significant role. Yes, he's not the English version of Messi, but neither was Milner. He'll work his arse off, he'll pass the ball fairly well but not spectacularly, he'll get more than enough game time to make a "significant impact". He's not an "instead of Pogba" signing, he's a replacement for Milner.

What I just don't get is people thinking every single signing we make needs to be a £40m world class player. No squad, not even Barca or Real, is made up of 25 world class players. It's not possible to keep them all happy, and it's not affordable. Delph, a good quality player, a full England international, a player who at £8m is costing at most 50% of what he's actually worth, he ticks so many boxes it's unreal. Comparisons to Sinclair are just remarkably ill informed. The vast majority of City fans saw no sense in the Sinclair signing, he never demonstrated being good enough, even in a rotation role, for City. Delph is definitely good enough to play his part. He's certainly on a par with the likes of Fernando and Milner.

I never fancied Delph and remember being relieved when he went to Villa from Leeds, as we were linked with him then. Recently however he's looked a far better player, with skill, power and a bit of speed to go with the ever-present aggression

I could imagine him playing on the left of a three with Fernandinho and Yaya in certain games, doing the donkey work for Silva and Sergio, and think he'll prove to be a useful addition at a steal of a price.

We should swoop for Grealish at the same time by the way - now he's going to be a proper player

What I just don't get is people thinking every single signing we make needs to be a £40m world class player. No squad, not even Barca or Real, is made up of 25 world class players. It's not possible to keep them all happy, and it's not affordable. Delph, a good quality player, a full England international, a player who at £8m is costing at most 50% of what he's actually worth, he ticks so many boxes it's unreal. Comparisons to Sinclair are just remarkably ill informed. The vast majority of City fans saw no sense in the Sinclair signing, he never demonstrated being good enough, even in a rotation role, for City. Delph is definitely good enough to play his part. He's certainly on a par with the likes of Fernando and Milner.

Very well said, every squad needs good quality squad players.

Good signing imo. Cheap, fills the quota and I was a bit pissed off we missed out on him initially. Adding pace and tenacity to our midfield is a good shout.

Not sure why you've got such an issue with this to be honest. I'd suggest, over the years, that Milner has played a significant role in our seasons, to one extent or another. Milner has now gone, Delph has now arrived. So now Delph will play a significant role. Yes, he's not the English version of Messi, but neither was Milner. He'll work his arse off, he'll pass the ball fairly well but not spectacularly, he'll get more than enough game time to make a "significant impact". He's not an "instead of Pogba" signing, he's a replacement for Milner.

This^^

The last time(s) we signed Villa's best central midfielder they both played a crucial role in our success. Hopefully Delph will follow Barry's and Milner's lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.