Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't lose the ball sitting in the stands anyway so not too bothered.

Which is exactly where he will be for the majority of the time.

We dont want to sign players like Delph of that im sure but rules mean we have to and given his price, its a no brainer.

Squad filler and good for the odd domestic cup game and 15 mins here and there off the bench.

Yeah fair one I'm a little surprised how he's come on the last 18 months. A Villa mate of mine and I watching Villa V Bradford in the pub when they got beat in the Semi and without a shadow of a doubt he was the worst player on the pitch. Amazing and surprising transformation of form since then. On current form I wouldn't mind the player.

I'm surprised that Lampard loses the ball more too.

It's only fractions anyway & depends what role the player is given. Lampard probably tries more adventurous stuff as does Silva, wheras Fernando doesn't, so Delph's stats are better than Lampard's but not as good as Fernando's.

But if Delph was asked to play safe, he could do it no problem & his pass success rate for England is right up there.

I don't think we'll sign him, but if we do, I think he'll force his way into the team quite often & become pretty popular. Consistency is what he's lacked more than talent imo.

It's only fractions anyway & depends what role the player is given. Lampard probably tries more adventurous stuff as does Silva, wheras Fernando doesn't, so Delph's stats are better than Lampard's but not as good as Fernando's.

But if Delph was asked to play safe, he could do it no problem & his pass success rate for England is right up there.

I don't think we'll sign him, but if we do, I think he'll force his way into the team quite often & become pretty popular. Consistency is what he's lacked more than talent imo.
I think he could become crucial in big games IMO he has ability and is able to get around the park upsetting the natural order of players keeping the ball. Not saying he's a world beater by and stretch but him and Fernandinho in the midfield would provide legs and quality into a midfield that seems to lack serious athleticism throughout 90 minutes. Yeah think you're right stats can be misinterpreted a lot of the time probably to appease the American audiences as they love their stats. Not solely able to depict whether a player is good or not.

If we get Pogba and move to a three in midfield then he would be a good signing and get regular games .

We would have 5 players competing for 3 spots : Yaya Fernandinho Pogba Fernando Delph

Fernando and Delph would be the ball winners , with the other three slotting in as creativity and spark

For the big games you would play your best three , Yaya Fernandinho Pogba

Any other combinations could work, with Silva and Nasri (if he's still here) slotting in as well. You probably wouldnt want delph and Fernando in the same team though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.