Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get all our targets where is he gonna play? He's not fit to lace Yaya, Pogba or Dinho's laces so he's not going to be taking their places in the team. I understand we need home grown players but I just see this being another "City ruining English talent" signing where he just warms the bench.

But people complain about the press portraying us as ruining english players careers and then people want us to buy a england international just for the bench, just in case we have hypothetical injuries in a key game.

Fernando was ostensibly our fourth choice CM last season, and made 33 appearances. I assume Delph would play a similar role, as I doubt we'd keep both. Which centre mid in the EDS is ready to handle that responsibility without weakening the team?

Fair enough. I don't agree with you, but it's all about opinions. Which specific EDS player do you have in mind?

I'd do something different and put Denayer either in at CB or DM, or move Vinnie into DM, or if we buy De Bruyne, move him deeper for that game and plug the gap in the attacking midfield area.

But in reality, I'd buy better players than Delph.

But that's not what you said
You said we should play someone in the eds in that position, but we don't have anyone yet

the point being why give people a choice where neither option is good enough?

Technicalities of the EDS mean you can play about with Denayer and/or Lopes and jig players about, I'd rather do that than buy a player that, if you were asking me to pick the team, I would honestly never play.

But ultimately, I wouldn't buy Delph, so that's the overall point I'm trying to make, that I'd go so far to move our squad around to put a team out than buy him to sit on the bench and be an obstacle and be of insufficient quality for a club of our stature and ambition.

Happy to be proved wrong and him be a star btw, I just see another Rodwell.

I said the carling cup, other teams play eds in the carling cup but we will end up having to give delph gametime
We will play EDS this year I think. Denayer, lopes, Kelechi to name 3. How many more should we play? Or we can play a lad not ready for a game at carling cup level and maybe destroy his confidence and maybe career.

So let's play a young centre half who's never played in the first team in a new role or player a playmaker who's played three games as a defensive midfielder just so we don't get another Rodwell, who is a sick note, not a poor player

All eminently sensible options

Fernando was ostensibly our fourth choice CM last season, and made 33 appearances. I assume Delph would play a similar role, as I doubt we'd keep both. Which centre mid in the EDS is ready to handle that responsibility without weakening the team?

So we're writing off fernando then?

So we're writing off fernando then?

As I said earlier in the thread, if we are genuinely in for Delph, then I think it spells the end for Fenando.

All hypothetical of course, and personally I think we'll give Fernando another season unless there is a club ready to take him off our hands.

If we could effectively swap Fernando for Delph though, and thus free up a non home grown place in the squad, then I would have no issue with it.

As I said earlier in the thread, if we are genuinely in for Delph, then I think it spells the end for Fenando.

All hypothetical of course, and personally I think we'll give Fernando another season unless there is a club ready to take him off our hands.

If we could effectively swap Fernando for Delph though, and thus free up a non home grown place in the squad, then I would have no issue with it.

I thought we would keeep him for another season, think he would be better next season. But i can see the advantages of swapping fernando for delph. We would still be told in the media that we are ruining english football though...

So let's play a young centre half who's never played in the first team in a new role or player a playmaker who's played three games as a defensive midfielder just so we don't get another Rodwell, who is a sick note, not a poor player

All eminently sensible options

or buy better players than either Rodwell or Delph, neither of whom are good enough to be Manchester City players, imo.

and yes, for the rare occasion an injury crisis occurs in that manner, I'd rather improvise than have to be lumbered with Delph who'll expect to play to keep his England place, and thus let us down, a la Rodwell continually, and derail our trophy bids, as Rodwell did.

or buy better players than either Rodwell or Delph, neither of whom are good enough to be Manchester City players, imo.

and yes, for the rare occasion an injury crisis occurs in that manner, I'd rather improvise than have to be lumbered with Delph who'll expect to play to keep his England place, and thus let us down, a la Rodwell continually, and derail our trophy bids, as Rodwell did.
How strange of me to think that Jack actually won a PL Title and a League Cup whilst he was with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.