Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milner was highly underrated mate, you're doing him a disservice to elevate Delph, IMO.

I'm not one of the people who want, or expect, every signing to be a £40m world class player, I'm just struggling to see this move as a worthwhile upgrade for the squad - particularly if he's been assured regular playing time.

I've made my point about doing Milner a disservice, I think he's a better player than Delph, and he couldn't cut it in the centre of our midfield. Centre mid is a much more integral position for a side like ours, at the highest level, than a wide position - a role Milner was very adept at fulfilling.

Fernando, frankly, is shite. He shouldn't be the standard we're holding players against, he shouldn't be anywhere near our first XI.

But of course, in that respect, Delph would be an upgrade. But then so would Aranguiz for example, a much greater upgrade for not much more than it's going to cost us to secure Delph, although of course minus the British passport.

As I said, I recognise the pros to the transfer, the arguments for it, but I'm not sold. Frankly.

We've got 17 foreign players, so we need to work a 1 in 1 out policy when signing those. We've got very few homegrown players, Hart, Clichy, Wright. That's it. So, clearly, we're going to be adding some of them to the squad. Sterling, hopefully, will be one. However who else do we bring in? Saying we should add Aranguiz instead of Delph simply doesn;t work, the "British passport" is vitally important. I think Delph, at 25 and an international, is a good player currently, and has real potential to improve, especially surrounded with world class players. Maybe I'll concede Milner was better than Delph, but by so much that signing Delph is a mistake? Not for me. It's not as if we have Milner still as an alternative.

How about answering my question.....

Name me homegrown players that are worthy of being brought in at reasonable money who would be first team regulars?
If a signing hasn't cost 50 million quid he isn't going to be good enough for us these days. ;)

d181dc7bd30423b3612be22275c17d71.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.