Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundogan actually will almost be like a new signing once he is fit to be honest. And if he can remain fit we don't need another holding mid/ DM. Because we will have Yaya, Fernandinho and Him. BUT given his injury problems, and I feel Dinho will be more of a back up RB than mid, i don't see us going further without another proper DM. Might force Yaya out, which i won't be against.

I do wonder who were are going o go for in midfield in general..if we are at all

None of the ITk's or the media are linking us with anyone at all for a central midfield role

Links to plenty of fullbacks - which we clearly need
Links to Ederson - again clearly need
Links to forward attacking players (Sanchez, Mbappe, Griezman and others - some more tenuous than others - but still linked to them

But we don't have a single link to anyone baring Carvalho and Fabihno (who is looking very very unlikely according to a few ITK's on here and some reports in the media/social media.

Maybe Pep thinks we have enough.....Im not so sure we have the quality defensively in midfield but maybe its all about the possession and Pep doesn't think we need a defensive minded player in there cause of the possession and the way we do play our fullbacks at times as well....????????????????????

I do wonder who were are going o go for in midfield in general..if we are at all

None of the ITk's or the media are linking us with anyone at all for a central midfield role

Links to plenty of fullbacks - which we clearly need
Links to Ederson - again clearly need
Links to forward attacking players (Sanchez, Mbappe, Griezman and others - some more tenuous than others - but still linked to them

But we don't have a single link to anyone baring Carvalho and Fabihno (who is looking very very unlikely according to a few ITK's on here and some reports in the media/social media.

Maybe Pep thinks we have enough.....Im not so sure we have the quality defensively in midfield but maybe its all about the possession and Pep doesn't think we need a defensive minded player in there cause of the possession and the way we do play our fullbacks at times as well....????????????????????

I think there might be something in the Carvalho links.

If not Pep is putting his entire in Gundogan and Yaya.

I think there might be something in the Carvalho links.

If not Pep is putting his entire in Gundogan and Yaya.
Like i said maybe Pep isn't worried about a midfielder who can defend....we have so much possession that maybe he doesn't see it as a necessary trait....

I don't know much about Carvalho tbh but there are a lot of people on here who don't seem over enthusiastic about the possibility of signing him - thats not a good sign

we also still have ferna

delph and fernando however should not be anywhere near the team - simply not good enough

Like i said maybe Pep isn't worried about a midfielder who can defend....we have so much possession that maybe he doesn't see it as a necessary trait....

I don't know much about Carvalho tbh but there are a lot of people on here who don't seem over enthusiastic about the possibility of signing him - thats not a good sign

we also still have ferna

delph and fernando however should not be anywhere near the team - simply not good enough

My concern with Fernandinho is he can't play that single pivot role. The Monaco away game proved that.

I agree about Delph and Fernando and wouldn't be surprised if both are sold this summer.

My concern with Fernandinho is he can't play that single pivot role. The Monaco away game proved that.

I agree about Delph and Fernando and wouldn't be surprised if both are sold this summer.

again with he way our fullbacks also find themselves quite central at times, it may not be so much of a problem...when Pellegrini managed us there wa always a huge hole infront of our back 4...since Pep took over that for the most part hasn't happened due to the fullbacks and the work of the wide players coming back (also Yaya upping his game has helped)

Our defensive problems last year came from wide areas..on the break a lot of the time and defenders who couldn't defend one on one....Centre half is an area we need to strengthen as well in that respect

Fabinho is a great athlete. Scores about 1 in 4 from DMC or RB. Invaluable to any team. Whoever gets him get's an improvement on what they already have. The rags will sign some decent players, but we have to pick our fights carefully in the transfer market. I have a feeling 3/4 players from Monaco is unachievable. So would settle for 1 more in Mendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.