Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep-lying 8 can be described as a mix between 6 and 8, Xavi-style, don't see any contradiction :) You still haven't named a single game where IG played as a pivot. Name it, then we can argue.
So you are saying that someone like Xavi, with the amount of skill that he has, is incapable of playing the pivot? lol.
Like I said before Gundogan doesn't play there because of the need to fit in Dinho. Had Sane been fit/in form since the beginning of the season Dinho would likely not start. The starting formation would've been:
Sagna Stones Otamendi Kolarov
Gundogan
Silva KDB
Sterling Aguero Sane

And again, according to your 'definition' of a pivot:
1. sits in front of the defence. Gundogan can do this.
2. acts like a wavebreaker and distributes the ball to beat the first layer of press. Gundogan can do this. What is your evidence for stating Gundogan cannot make a pass to beat a press?
3. mostly using simple, low-risk passes. Gundogan can do this.

So you are saying that someone like Xavi, with the amount of skill that he has, is incapable of playing the pivot? lol.
Xavi? No, he can't. Barca under Pep never used Xavi as pivot, only big guys like Yaya, Busi or (if both were unavailable) Keita, rarely Mascherano. The reason is obvious - pivot needs to have some defensive tenacity and physical power to avoid being outmuscled. Besides, if both 8s are small technicians, you also need an aerial ability from your 6. In Lahm's case height wasn't a problem as Bayern had Schweini and Kroos as 8s.

Xavi? No, he can't. Barca under Pep never used Xavi as pivot, only big guys like Yaya, Busi or (if both were unavailable) Keita, rarely Mascherano. The reason is obvious - pivot needs to have some defensive tenacity and physical power to avoid being outmuscled. Besides, if both 8s are small technicians, you also need an aerial ability from your 6. In Lahm's case height wasn't a problem as Bayern had Schweini and Kroos as 8s.
This notion from you that only some type of Unicorns can play as the pivot for Pep is such bullshit. Even KDB played pivot and according to you KDB is even less 'press-resistant'. How is it that Pep put KDB as pivot and yet everybody knows that's not even his best position and Gundogan plays better there??

And again idk how many times to tell you if Gundogan play as 6 with Dinho in the team, it would mean Dinho would play as an attacking midfielder. What kind of madness would that be.

Last edited:
In what game? Name it, please. Not BS from whoscored, name a particular game. I suspect you're struggling to grasp the concept of a sole pivot as it is.
Monaco away second half. Get off your high horse mate and take your fake juego de posicion diploma from cruyff university somewhere else.

Monaco away second half. Get off your high horse mate and take your fake juego de posicion diploma from cruyff university somewhere else.
He was withdrawn deeper in 2nd half and played as DLP alongside Dinho, the pivot. I don't even see any point to argue. The same was in the next game vs Arsenal as I remember.
Attacking the poster when running out of arguments is hardly an intelligent behavior. I'm sorry, I can't help you.

He was withdrawn deeper in 2nd half and played as DLP alongside Dinho, the pivot. I don't even see any point to argue. The same was in the next game vs Arsenal as I remember.
Attacking the poster when running out of arguments is hardly an intelligent behavior. I'm sorry, I can't help you.
Nope Dinho was in front of him. KDB was in between the defender and Silva/Dinho. KDB was the pivot, maybe you should check your definition instead. Speaking of attacking - "I suspect you're struggling to grasp the concept of a sole pivot as it is." Calling me a stupid isn't really an intelligent behavior mate.

Nope Dinho was in front of him. KDB was in between the defender and Silva/Dinho. KDB was the pivot, maybe you should check your definition instead. Speaking of attacking - "I suspect you're struggling to grasp the concept of a sole pivot as it is." Calling me a stupid isn't really an intelligent behavior mate.
Ok, peace. Next season will give even more reasons to argue with B.Silva's signature :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.