Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...
No fast, powerful world class DM = Struggle to win the title or other trophies.
We will still concede a stack of goals on the counter (especially against the better teams) though, without Bravo as first choice, not one every time our DM is bypassed resulting in a shot that Bravo waves at, as it flies into the net.

Have to add that Gundogan isn't a good wavebreaker. Having fit Gundogan Pep still played Dinho, Yaya or even Fernando as a pivot. You may see Gundogan as a best option, but Pep prefers those 3 over him. I don't doubt your knowledge, I'm just saying that Tuchel's and Guardiola's opinion is slightly different to yours.
Again... why is it that Gundogan is not a good 'wavebreaker'? I don't see any evidence where this is true at all.

And I think you got it backwards when you said Pep preferred Dinho, Yaya, or Fernando (lol) over Gundogan when he's fit. It is not that Gundogan can't play the pivot but it's that Dinho and Fernando cannot play attacking midfielder. And like you said, Gundogan not playing up front would be a waste of his skill, but then again that's not the point here. The notion that Gundogan is not capable of playing pivot and that Dinho is a better pivot is just wrong. Are you really saying that Dinho is a better dribbler and passer under pressure than Gundogan? Dinho playing the pivot was not because Gundogan not being able to play there, it is because Pep wants to fit in our best players in the XI and if you want to put Dinho there you gotta put him at the DM position. Or maybe you fancy having Dinho play behind the striker?

Again... why is it that Gundogan is not a good 'wavebreaker'? I don't see any evidence where this is true at all.

And I think you got it backwards when you said Pep preferred Dinho, Yaya, or Fernando (lol) over Gundogan when he's fit. It is not that Gundogan can't play the pivot but it's that Dinho and Fernando cannot play attacking midfielder. And like you said, Gundogan not playing up front would be a waste of his skill, but then again that's not the point here. The notion that Gundogan is not capable of playing pivot and that Dinho is a better pivot is just wrong. Are you really saying that Dinho is a better dribbler and passer under pressure than Gundogan? Dinho playing the pivot was not because Gundogan not being able to play there, it is because Pep wants to fit in our best players in the XI and if you want to put Dinho there you gotta put him at the DM position. Or maybe you fancy having Dinho play behind the striker?

This doesn't explain Pep shifting KDB wide right just to fit Gundogan in, when he could've easily placed him at #6 over Fernandinho.

This doesn't explain Pep shifting KDB wide right just to fit Gundogan in, when he could've easily placed him at #6 over Fernandinho.
That does explain it. At that point Sane was still not playing well or playing at all, therefore Dinho was one of our best XI players. If you put Gundogan as #6 it means taking out Dinho and playing someone else that's worse than him (like Navas).

For the no.8 position there's only 2 position while we have 3 players there - KDB, Silva, and Gundogan. KDB placed on the wings is not because KDB can't play through the middle, it's just that he was the best out of the 3 playing as a winger. Gundogan absolutely cannot be played on the wings. Silva has no pace whatsoever to be a winger, therefore KDB it is.

If Pep really wanted to play Gundogan, Silva, and KDB at their best position, he would've started Gundogan at the 6 and Silva KDB at the 8. But that would mean taking out Dinho and replacing him with Navas, which I don't think he wanted to do. He tried so hard to fit in all our top XI players.

Your assessment of 6 as a best role for Gundogan is a pure speculation mate as he's never played that position (at least I don't know any particular game, name it please). You have to understand that you're simply calling Tuchel and Pep idiots as they don't know what player fits which position. Coaches don't shoehorn players into starting 11, they choose what's best for the team as a whole to make system work.

I don't why but everytime I look at Paredes it looks like Aleix Garcia with more games and without the timidness.

Marcos Llorente on the other hand is just great. Him or Weigl I'd take both.

Well, that's good praise for Garcia.
Llorente in my view is the best fit, but there is that 'Real Madrid" problem. I'm not as high on Wiegl as most are, thought he had a good 1st season but has been quite basic this season... Paredes is a happy medium for me.

Your assessment of 6 as a best role for Gundogan is a pure speculation mate as he's never played that position (at least I don't know any particular game, name it please). You have to understand that you're simply calling Tuchel and Pep idiots as they don't know what player fits which position. Coaches don't shoehorn players into starting 11, they choose what's best for the team as a whole to make system work.
That bolded part is the fundamental mistake with your argument. According to you Gundogan never played there therefore he is unable to play there, that's pure speculation. It's just as much as a speculation of me saying that Gundogan can be the pivot. So why is yours valid and mine isn't?

Gundogan himself said his position is a mix between a 6 and an 8.

But no Gundogan mate you're not a 6 because Andrew said so.

That bolded part is the fundamental mistake with your argument. According to you Gundogan never played there therefore he is unable to play there, that's pure speculation. It's just as much as a speculation of me saying that Gundogan can be the pivot. So why is yours valid and mine isn't?

Gundogan himself said his position is a mix between a 6 and an 8.

But no Gundogan mate you're not a 6 because Andrew said so.

Deep-lying 8 can be described as a mix between 6 and 8, Xavi-style, don't see any contradiction :) You still haven't named a single game where IG played as a pivot. Name it, then we can argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.