Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monaco just signed Stephan El Shaarawy (weren't we rumoured to be after this guy a couple of summers ago?)....maybe Fabinho on this way?

Transfer News Live‏@DeadlineDayLive4m4 minutes ago
DEAL DONE: AS Monaco have signed Stephan El Shaarawy from AC Milan. (Source: @AS_Monaco)

Shane‏@FNN_Official6m6 minutes ago
Official: Stephan El Shaarawy from AC Milan to AS Monaco is a done deal. £12million reporter fee. #ASM #ligue1

I used to like him, but after this transfer I dont. Just like falcao moving there for the wrong reasons. I mean, he's 22 for God sake. Should be going to a more competitive team/league.

If our targets are anything to go by, he won't get a place in our midfield.

he will replace Sagna
if he plays defensive midfield then he could definitely get time there in the future if we sign him. The only out and out defensive mid we have is Fernando. Fernandinho (and Pogba, if we get him, god willing) are not true defensive midfielders but box to box central midfielders.

With all the attacking talent we will have having a really good young defensive midfielder is important.

Be good news if true. We need more players who are capable of playing CM especially if we keep the same formation pellers favored at the end of last season. Not sure the two ferns and yaya are enough we need two more IMO.

What if we see his best position is cdm? Similar to changing yaya from a defender to midfielder.

He will be signed first and foremost as a replacement for Sagna. He is versatile which is a bonus, but he sure ain't going to take fernos role as a CDm. He could replace fernando but I think we will give him another season.

What if we see his best position is cdm? Similar to changing yaya from a defender to midfielder.

Hi Ballertelli, I think Fabinho is the player we needed Fernando to be when we signed him! I think he would be a big improvement over Fernando from day one...quick, good in the air and can close down quickly...I still think City would be looking at him to play in defense but he would give us so many options, this really does make a lot of sense if we can sign him...in my opinion!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.