Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's semantics (and not really all that important), but in Dax's defense he is right. If you want to define a bargain in the economical sense, then it's paying less for a player than what the market will be bear. Even if you include more technical deep central midfielders, like Modric, Fabinho might be the most expensive of his ilk at £35m (anyone able to verify that?). Which means that if we pay the highest amount ever for someone of his type, and he develops into the best in the world at that role, then it wasn't a bargain -- we just estimated his value correctly and had a good piece of business. Dax was only pointing out that it's a bargain if you get the equivalent player for cheap, not for top dollar.

As far as the player goes, incredibly excited about this particular link. Feel like it's just a midfielder we're getting -- lot of talk that fullback isn't his cup of tea, and I would imagine that would be included in any negotiations -- but what a player. Would be a fine way to start the summer.

35M is a fair price for talented midfielder, and i don't think Pep sign him to play as fullback.
i like the way he control the midfield, good physically and still have room to develop.
he's just 23, and can play for City for another decade.

Even though KDB is undoubtedly quality, he has not been consistently good enough to be seen as a bargain yet. And I would say the likes of Sane and Jesus look to be excellent value for money. Nothing more, nothing less.

He's not been at his best and he still managed to finish the season with the most assists. Tells you everything you need to know about him.

Bargain no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.