Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
35 million for a DM is not a bargain. Its not cheap. Its expensive. He might turn out to be worth the price, but its not a bargain. At that price he'd have to finish out a top 5 DM over the next few years.

If he does, he'd have been worth the price. But its not a bargain by any stretch. And we should stop pretending it is.

35 million pounds will be the record DM transfer. So its not a bargain and probably will never be. But he could justify it by becoming one of the best.

Monaco have had a great season, their players are in demand. They were never going to sell for less than £30m in today's market. I'd say it's a fair price for both clubs, if true.

35 million for a DM is not a bargain. Its not cheap. Its expensive. He might turn out to be worth the price, but its not a bargain. At that price he'd have to finish out a top 5 DM over the next few years.

If he does, he'd have been worth the price. But its not a bargain by any stretch. And we should stop pretending it is.

35 million pounds will be the record DM transfer. So its not a bargain and probably will never be. But he could justify it by becoming one of the best.

Didn't Granit Xhaka cost £38m?

So by your bizarre logic, if Pep played him as a defensive midfielder he'd be a rip off at £35m, but if he moved higher up he'd be perfectly fine.

So by your bizarre logic, if Pep played him as a defensive midfielder he'd be a rip off at £35m, but if he moved higher up he'd be perfectly fine.
I think what he means by that is that if he moved up and started scoring goals and getting assists which he wouldn't be doing in the DM spot then he'd be perfectly fine, because a DM would just mostly be shuffling the ball from side-to-side and playing out from the back. Not to diminish that role necessarily, but a person getting goals and assists is almost always worth more than any other position. I'm guessing this is what he means...

I think what he means by that is that if he moved up and started scoring goals and getting assists which he wouldn't be doing in the DM spot then he'd be perfectly fine, because a DM would just mostly be shuffling the ball from side-to-side and playing out from the back. Not to diminish that role necessarily, but a person getting goals and assists is almost always worth more than any other position. I'm guessing this is what he means...

But he does score goals.

His ridiculous logic is that some central midfielder for £50m isn't bad because Pogba cost more, but if Fabinho as a "CDM" cost £35m it's a travesty because it's a world record in that incredibly small ridiculous niche he's invented.

Didn't Granit Xhaka cost £38m?
33.8 million.. He is Arsenal's 3rd most expensive player after Ozil and Sanchez. Sanchez cost 35 million.

Generally, the most expensive DMs have been, Dihno, Xhaka, Kante, Alonso, and Witsel. They all fall btw 30 - 34 million.

One could argue Fabihno would be worth the price at 35 million. But to argue its a bargain? Now that's just a bridge too far for me.
1. I didn't say he was a rip off. Your straw Man, not mine. I said it was expensive. It is.

2. And, yes if he is played predominantly as a Silva or Debryune replacement then yes it will be less expensive. Coz the market for attacking mmidfielders is more expensive than DMs. But even then, it probably still wouldn't be a bargain on Its face. Just a good price for an AM.

A bagrain is getting Kompany and Zaba for less than 10 million and both going on to be one of the best at their positions.

Paying the highest fee (or one of the highest) for a position is never a bargain. If said player turns out one of the best at the position, then it was money well spent.

In my opinion :)

But he does score goals.

His ridiculous logic is that some central midfielder for £50m isn't bad because Pogba cost more, but if Fabinho as a "CDM" cost £35m it's a travesty because it's a world record in that incredibly small ridiculous niche he's invented.
Just to play devil's advocate here, if Fabinho comes here would he play as the deeper midfielder in our midfield trio? As oppose to the midfield duo at Monaco which gives him more license to play forward I'd imagine he'd lose some goals/assists.

Anyways when I meant playing more forward I was referring to a more advanced position that naturally leads to more goals and assists, like almost like a CAM. Essentially the argument is like are an equally skilled striker and equally skilled midfield worth the same? The market would dictate that it isn't.

I agree with you though that small variations in midfield position probably shouldn't change value as much though, I'm stretching a little in my arguments.

But he does score goals.

Stop with the silliness. None of the above even remotely resembles my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.