Failed Drug Tests - Rio F Interview reference MCFC

I’m certain there’s another article out there on about how Rio cheated on his kids mum during their marriage with his now wife
That’s not really helping, mate. I know what a dog he was, that’s not in dispute, but whenever I ask for something from anyone to support the very specific allegation that he cheated on his wife while she was dying of cancer, nothing is forthcoming. And yet it’s routinely reported on here as fact.

Not seeking to defend Ferdinand, who I expect won’t be looking on here for approval, and nor does he merit any, and I wouldn’t be remotely shocked if it he had done that btw, but it’s interesting observing how something so specific can take a grip in people’s consciousness as being undeniably true, without any seeming discernible proof (or even speculation) in the media (or elsewhere) to even begin to substantiate it.

It shows how easily people’s minds can be manipulated if they want to believe something, and something we are all guilty of from time to time, myself included. It’s the same with the way opposition fans view the charges agaist City, of which there is no meaningful evidence in the public domain. People will latch onto something they want to be true and convince themselves it must be because it confirms their view of a certain topic.

That’s not really helping, mate. I know what a dog he was, that’s not in dispute, but whenever I ask for something from anyone to support the very specific allegation that he cheated on his wife while she was dying of cancer, nothing is forthcoming. And yet it’s routinely reported on here as fact.

Not seeking to defend Ferdinand, who I expect won’t be looking on here for approval, and nor does he merit any, and I wouldn’t be remotely shocked if it he had done that btw, but it’s interesting observing how something so specific can take a grip in people’s consciousness as being undeniably true, without any seeming discernible proof (or even speculation) in the media (or elsewhere) to even begin to substantiate it.

It shows how easily people’s minds can be manipulated if they want to believe something, and something we are all guilty of from time to time, myself included. It’s the same with the way opposition fans view the charges agaist City, of which there is no meaningful evidence in the public domain. People will latch onto something they want to be true and convince themselves it must be because it confirms their view of a certain topic.

Hey, I understand completely. Just sharing something that's out there.

Right, not quite sure where to post this as it's to do with Ferdinand, but its also a query relating to what he said about CIty.

Recently he appeared on Peter Crouch's podcast (Part 1 of 2)

Started off with his early career and leading up to his early days with United and THAT ban.

He explains what happened, what he was doing at the time and what he tried to do to ensure he did the test.

I've seen on a post on here from 2022 that Ferdinand fled Carrington after having a lift off Eyal Berkovic (I'm sure this is a joke)

However, in the interview, he states that a Man City player weeks before had failed a test for similar circumstances. But claims they didn't receive the punishment that Ferdinand did.

Was anything said about who the City player was? Genuinely first time I have ever heard of a City player failing a drugs test at the same time.

For reference, I have included the chat on youtube, Can't confirm the time stamp but It's a good listen.

I've previously submitted this account of Wio's "missed" drug test before :
A friend of mine at the time , who is an eminent biologist ( and a ManUre fan ) advised me that a friend/colleague of his - a urologist - had related to him his part in this "missed" drug test saga.
We are told by Wio ( and his club ) that he completely forgot about his appointment with the testers and he had innocently left the club's premises overlooking his appointment .The club had tried to contact him on his mobile but it was switched off.
The urologist relates a different story. Notwithstanding that his 'phone was switched off' , the club (?) told Wio to speak to their (?) urologist. Wio asked the Urologist ( via his allegedly "switched off" phone ! ) "how long does it take for cocaine to clear his blood system ? " The urologist told him he should be in the clear the following morning.
It seems Wio turned up the following morning and gave a clear test.
Wio received a 6 month ban for missing the test conveniently timed to include the the summer break. At much the same time a Chelsea Goalkeeper ( ex ManU as it happens ) received a one year ban for failing a drug test where Cocaine involved.
As to Wio's extra marital affairs : look up Ferdinand vs MGN ( Mirror Group Newspapers ) - Wio was suing The Mirror for invasion of privacy.

Word on the streets was he was having treatment for STIs and was scared itd show

I've heard that there's been a few players who failed drug tests for cocaine and got bans that were never publically announced and their clubs covered them as injuries.

Rosicky was rumoured to be one at Arsenal, Clyne aswell. Apparently if the player involved has a genuine substance abuse problem it can be kept out of the media.

Anyone else heard this or is it just one of those bollocks things people say?

I've heard that there's been a few players who failed drug tests for cocaine and got bans that were never publically announced and their clubs covered them as injuries.

Rosicky was rumoured to be one at Arsenal, Clyne aswell. Apparently if the player involved has a genuine substance abuse problem it can be kept out of the media.

Anyone else heard this or is it just one of those bollocks things people say?
I’ve heard this a lot. I’m sure a player about 10 years ago said as much somewhere in the media, though I can’t say for certain.

Wilshire’s love for a night out and injury record raised some suspicions, once upon a time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.