Failed to Deliver

imo weve done ok in this window,better than weve done in previous seasons.
MH has addressed our obvious problem areas, bar the big centre forward position,which he obviously tried to with rsc,
but as with most on here,wouldnt go to realy silly money.
but why not give sturidge,big phil or benji a go in a 4 4 2.
as far a as im concerned rome wasnt built in 3 weeks in january,give these players a bit of a chance to understand each other and see where we are then.prior to the stoke game i thought things were moving in the right direction,ok we were poor,but i wouldnt be coming down on MH too hard for that ,there was 11 players out there too

bizzbo said:
i cant wait until we have petrov on one flank and sweep on the other, bombing down the line and pinging in crosses that bellamy watches fly over his head, whilst he wonders what it would be like to be 6'4, and robinho can float about feeding off all the imaginary knock-downs.
Hughes hardly ever plays Sweep wide - that's one of his square pegs in round holes.
I do agree with you though, when we got SWP Ijust couldn't wait to see both of those playing wide - somehow I don't think it will happen with Hughes in charge, and the system he plays would only allow for Robbie OR Petrov.

thanks for the comments guys, looks like i didnt need my tin hat

I`m not disappointed with who we signed, i believe generally speaking, they are an improvement on what we already have. I`m disappointed with who we didnt sign.!!

I accept the comments, "Rome wasnt built in a day", but i`m not convinced, that we have REALLY progressed tangibly since August. People talk about our recent signings as being the ones to take us to the next level, and then make the signings for a push towards top 4 etc. I`m hope i`m wrong, but i cant see that happening anytime soon, this almost feels like a wasted opportunity.

I honestly believe that Robbie, (as the first) was our hardest big name signing to make, I thought that the second would have been easier because of Robbie, and so on., and i`m not talking about superstars. I thought it would have been easier to sign bigger than we have, on the basis of our ability to sell our long term "project" and vision to them.

Obviously our, at times, atrocious form, post Portsmouth, hasnt helped. Our not entirely unexpected, but nonetheless totally unacceptable losses at Wigan, Middlesborough, Bolton, West Brom etc. and our unnerving ability to kick start teams in the bottom 3 *, who havent won for ages, prior to playing us, have left us a good few places below, where we could have realistically expected to be. Its rather simplistic to state if we were currently 5/6 th, i believe we would have had more success in signing players this window.

My main concerns are, that barring an almost unbelievable upturn in form, i am not at all sure, we will have much more success in attracting players needed for a top 4 push in the summer, (and that is our owners stated aim)

*Oh shit, who are we playing next, and how loooooooong is it since they last won a game. I`m stopping, now i`m depressing myself again.

Well according to the OP buying a 30/40 million player is like shopping at Sainsburys. His philosophy seems to be show them the money and they will sell. Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that and maybe the players he was talking about suddenly went up to 60/70m when we inquired about them.

I don't mind people having a view on our transfer dealings, but to say the management have failed is simply ridiculous. We know that they didn't get Santa Cruz, Parker and Kaka for different reasons. However, how does anyone know how many players we inquired about? The club have consistently said that they will do their dealings with other clubs directly and not through agents. So there could have been many inquiries for different sorts of players. Just because it wasn't reported by the media doesn't mean the club weren't more active than we imagine.

I`m happy with the signings,they are all good players, would we be happy to sign santa cruz for£25m & hope he wasnt a one season wonder? January is not a good time to sign the best players.I would rather wait untill the summer & then sign a top notch striker, the very best in the world, lets not behave like spoilt brats eh .

foreverblue said:
So there could have been many inquiries for different sorts of players. Just because it wasn't reported by the media doesn't mean the club weren't more active than we imagine.

with respect, in my opinion, that proves my point, we may well have been very active, we may well have tried, but for whatever reason, we failed to deliver.

I dont think its like shopping at Sainsburys, last time i looked they had set prices that applied to all potential purchasers.

My point was, and still is, that having created a "City premium" through our actions, stated intentions and obvious wealth, it seems rather unrealistic to expect to sign anyone without a substantial hike in price. If we know, and accept that, (for we created it), if we have been as active as you suggest we may have been. We have failed to deliver.........

The money we were prepared to pay for Kaka, shows we were prepared to pay over the top for top players, the prices we have paid for our 4 signings show we are prepared to pay over the top for those lower down the scale. I just wish we had been prepared to pay over the top, for those in the middle. Primarily a physically strong, goal scoring, target man!

ballinio said:
I would rather wait untill the summer & then sign a top notch striker, the very best in the world, lets not behave like spoilt brats eh .

Would be very happy if that were to happen, just dont think our signings this window, coupled with our apalling inconsistency, increases the realistic chances of that happening

trublue55 said:
foreverblue said:
So there could have been many inquiries for different sorts of players. Just because it wasn't reported by the media doesn't mean the club weren't more active than we imagine.

with respect, in my opinion, that proves my point, we may well have been very active, we may well have tried, but for whatever reason, we failed to deliver.

I dont think its like shopping at Sainsburys, last time i looked they had set prices that applied to all potential purchasers.

My point was, and still is, that having created a "City premium" through our actions, stated intentions and obvious wealth, it seems rather unrealistic to expect to sign anyone without a substantial hike in price. If we know, and accept that, (for we created it), if we have been as active as you suggest we may have been. We have failed to deliver.........

The money we were prepared to pay for Kaka, shows we were prepared to pay over the top for top players, the prices we have paid for our 4 signings show we are prepared to pay over the top for those lower down the scale. I just wish we had been prepared to pay over the top, for those in the middle. Primarily a physically strong, goal scoring, target man!

All the transfer fees where undisclosed so how do you know how much we have agreed to pay? Once again someone else who believes the media when it suits them to do so. As for Kaka, he is one of three players alongside Messi and C. Ronaldo who are way above anyone else and that's why his fee would be substantially larger.

foreverblue said:
[

All the transfer fees where undisclosed so how do you know how much we have agreed to pay? Once again someone else who believes the media when it suits them to do so. As for Kaka, he is one of three players alongside Messi and C. Ronaldo who are way above anyone else and that's why his fee would be substantially larger.

I think there is a general consensus that we paid circa Bridge (11 million), Bellamy (14 million), De Jong (17 million) Given (8 million). In all cases i believe we paid more than any other club would have had to pay to sign them. i.e. we paid what it took to get them, and we were prepared to do that with Kaka,

trublue55 said:
foreverblue said:
[

I think there is a general consensus that we paid circa Bridge (11 million), Bellamy (14 million), De Jong (17 million) Given (8 million). In all cases i believe we paid more than any other club would have had to pay to sign them. i.e. we paid what it took to get them, and we were prepared to do that with Kaka,

General consensus from whom? You have just quoted figures that has been in the media who don't have a fucking clue what we paid. You will believe anything that supports the drivel that you post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.