Failsworth blues

I used to take my daughter to that swimming pool in Hyde. Going back about 10 years ago, but all I ever seen was City tops everywhere, at the pool, in the centre, driving out of the centre. City were playing the reserves at the Hyde ground behind the pool at the time. I remember going into some shop on the high St and seeing this City stand with stickers/car stuff etc and asked the owner why no Scum items? He said he didn't sell any. :)

My mum lives up that way and I remember the Willow Tavern always used to be a proper blue pub. Ran coaches to the match etc.

Going back a few years though so it may well have changed now.

My mum lives up that way and I remember the Willow Tavern always used to be a proper blue pub. Ran coaches to the match etc.

Going back a few years though so it may well have changed now.

Always been a big blue pub, I remember going in there during the times pubs were sneakily showing 3 o’clock games. We had Palace in the fa cup and for some reason they couldn’t get it on in the pub. Think some Blue in the away end at Selhurst Park was filming the game and streaming it via the Periscope app. The whole pub was watching the game through one mobile phone. Think Yaya bagged a couple that day from memory.

Sad sad day when the Roxy went...........
It was mate but it went for the Motorway exit to be built and towards the end not may were using it tbh, just on the borders of Failsworth and Hollinwood, happy memories in there.
For me the Broadway Club on Oldham Road was a sad loss it had so many stars on back in the day like Sinatra played there, we could use something like that in Failsworth. Not much to do but eat and get drunk these days, hold on!! that's not so bad ;-)

It was mate but it went for the Motorway exit to be built and towards the end not may were using it tbh, just on the borders of Failsworth and Hollinwood, happy memories in there.
For me the Broadway Club on Oldham Road was a sad loss it had so many stars on back in the day like Sinatra played there, we could use something like that in Failsworth. Not much to do but eat and get drunk these days, hold on!! that's not so bad ;-)

The Roxy was still standing after the M60 junction was built. The owner retired and the building was sold on.

It’s tragic that a grand old piece of local heritage like that was knocked down to be replaced by a petrol station and a Gregg’s.

All that reminds is a small bit of fencing around the back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.