Failsworth blues

Didsbury Timperley Wythenshawe MilesPlatting WestGorton Gorton (I work with a United fan who lives in Gorton who says he doesn’t know any other United fans round his way), Burnage SaleMoor Failsworth Middleton CityCentre and OldfieldBrow+Broadheath in Altrincham.

I don’t know Stockport very well.

And the biggest blue area, per head of population, of Tameside based on the clubs data. (Denton, Hyde, Stalybridge etc).

I'd be surprised if there were more blues in any other town or suburb in Manchester. MCFC RULE OK

As someone who now lives in Stockport I have to say, there’s definitely a grain of truth to the stereotype! Can’t move for blues round here.

Though historically Stockport was part of Cheshire, something many Stopfordians still cling on to ;)

As someone who now lives in Stockport I have to say, there’s definitely a grain of truth to the stereotype! Can’t move for blues round here.

Though historically Stockport was part of Cheshire, something many Stopfordians still cling on to ;)

The club has had its roots in Hyde so the over spill from that is that the likes of Denton, Hyde, Bradbury and Stockport will always be Blue areas. Suppose like them lot have Stretford and into Urmston.

Growing up in Failsworth in the 80s and 90s it felt like we were in the minority. Understandable when they were winning everything they all came out of the woodwork. Don’t live there now but good to hear we rule M35 in support. It’s gonna grow elsewhere, why would anyone want to be associated with that god awful club?

Reactions: flb
The club has had its roots in Hyde so the over spill from that is that the likes of Denton, Hyde, Bradbury and Stockport will always be Blue areas. Suppose like them lot have Stretford and into Urmston.

Growing up in Failsworth in the 80s and 90s it felt like we were in the minority. Understandable when they were winning everything they all came out of the woodwork. Don’t live there now but good to hear we rule M35 in support. It’s gonna grow elsewhere, why would anyone want to be associated with that god awful club?
You are miles off with Stretford and Urmston mate. There are loads of match going Blues.

The Roxy was still standing after the M60 junction was built. The owner retired and the building was sold on.

It’s tragic that a grand old piece of local heritage like that was knocked down to be replaced by a petrol station and a Gregg’s.

All that reminds is a small bit of fencing around the back.
I remember it still standing but didn’t know the had sold it on, thank you.

I popped in The Bricklayers recently and it was still great.
My local (not that I go in much these days,) it's always been a good pub and a good split of reds and blues, though as always it's the blues that go to the games. They had a great football team in the late 90s and early noughties, I've heard their goalie was a worldie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.