Failsworth blues

The Railway hollinwood now those coaches were for Beermonsters, if you didn’t turn up with a box or slab of cans chances are you wouldn’t be allowed on. Pub was always open an hour or two before setting off no matter what time coach was leaving and the mad bar maid if you asked for a soft drink she wouldn’t serve you.

I grew up in Newton Heath, Albert Gardens, the next street along was Failsworth. At drinking age, The Robin Hood was our local, but most often we would go to Failsworth Pole (via The Lamb and Black Horse) Bridge Inn and our other regular 'local' The Pack Horse. Tommy and Lesley Lowe (R.I.P. both.... was at Tom's funeral earlier this year)

Lived in Failsworth for twelve years until 1999, the Pole was dead by then really. Shame

The Willow was another regular favourite, and yes always Blue. Was in there just last week with my old man. Guys running it now are doing a great job. Busy everyday for good quality low priced food, good beers (mates reckon best pint of Guinness around) beer garden is stunning now, and the refurbished vault is a shrine to our boys. Still has a bus on for matchdays.

Didsbury Timperley Wythenshawe MilesPlatting WestGorton Gorton (I work with a United fan who lives in Gorton who says he doesn’t know any other United fans round his way), Burnage SaleMoor Failsworth Middleton CityCentre and OldfieldBrow+Broadheath in Altrincham.

I don’t know Stockport very well.

Didsbury Timperley Wythenshawe MilesPlatting WestGorton Gorton (I work with a United fan who lives in Gorton who says he doesn’t know any other United fans round his way), Burnage SaleMoor Failsworth Middleton CityCentre and OldfieldBrow+Broadheath in Altrincham.

I don’t know Stockport very well.
Stockport itself isn't blue but the towns that got dumped into the metropolitan borough in the 70's most definitely are. Reddish, Marple, Hazel grove, Bramhall, Cheadle, Bredbury & Cheadle Hulme

The Roxy was still standing after the M60 junction was built. The owner retired and the building was sold on.

It’s tragic that a grand old piece of local heritage like that was knocked down to be replaced by a petrol station and a Gregg’s.

All that reminds is a small bit of fencing around the back.
Haha ! Anyone remember Lurch ?

I grew up in Newton Heath, Albert Gardens, the next street along was Failsworth. At drinking age, The Robin Hood was our local, but most often we would go to Failsworth Pole (via The Lamb and Black Horse) Bridge Inn and our other regular 'local' The Pack Horse. Tommy and Lesley Lowe (R.I.P. both.... was at Tom's funeral earlier this year)

Lived in Failsworth for twelve years until 1999, the Pole was dead by then really. Shame

The Willow was another regular favourite, and yes always Blue. Was in there just last week with my old man. Guys running it now are doing a great job. Busy everyday for good quality low priced food, good beers (mates reckon best pint of Guinness around) beer garden is stunning now, and the refurbished vault is a shrine to our boys. Still has a bus on for matchdays.
Did you know Margaret Wood from the Pack Horse mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.