Failsworth blues

My local (not that I go in much these days,) it's always been a good pub and a good split of reds and blues, though as always it's the blues that go to the games. They had a great football team in the late 90s and early noughties, I've heard their goalie was a worldie.
I didn’t know many Blues in there but not a Carl so we may not have met. 2016 / 2017. Claire ran it and her daughter Rebecca helped. That barmaid Katie was a saucy one.

The Railway hollinwood now those coaches were for Beermonsters, if you didn’t turn up with a box or slab of cans chances are you wouldn’t be allowed on. Pub was always open an hour or two before setting off no matter what time coach was leaving and the mad bar maid if you asked for a soft drink she wouldn’t serve you.
Remember the Stoke away Friday night game in the 3rd Division.
Went on the coach and we arrived back around 10.55pm.
Malcolm the owner called the bar staff and said "call me back when you've cleared everyone out at 11.10pm".
We waited patiently in some petrol station half a mile away and the call came that the pub was empty.
I left around 2.30am and a mate of mine told me the next day he left at 4.30am and the place was still going!

The barmaid you mention.... yes..... when she gave you that look and told you to fuck off, that's exactly what you did without reply!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.