Falcao Whisperings? (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's still a very cheap deal.

It's only United briefings, but it's £6m for the year and his entire wage covered.

So Tolm, why would we back out of that?

I hate to put City in a negative light, and all along we have kept a discreet distance, but it still seems as a failure of sorts?

What I don't quite get is allowing Negredo's situation to drag out to the final day, unless Mendes had led us to believe a deal was guaranteed for Falcao.

And I certainly don't get why we would have turned our noses up at Di Maria, had Negredo's situation been sorted out much earlier?

It's cheap, especially so for United, who will cover his wages and some with Welbeck, Hernandez, Keane and Cleverley being moved out.

As someone famously said 'Eez football' but you are never in possession of all the dots and where they supposedly join.

Presumably we couldn't buy him without totally breaking FFP.

As it seems Falcao is on loan it must be the wages we baulked at.

If Negredo goes we need someone, preferably English as an emergency filler. Defoe I year loan deal?

I would only let Negredo leave if we get not a striker but more of a winger/attacker type, like Lavezzi. Well Reus would be the best but that ship is gone this summer for sure.

Lavezzi on loan maybe last minute deal. Thats a lot better than Negredo leaving and we just dont get anyone in.

You know next thing would happen:

Kun out for 4 months with an injury in Argentina camp or Jovetic in a Montengro training....

Negredo maybe wants to leave to be number one striker for Valencia or be 3rd/4th rotated striker here and his family doesnt like England at all etc, but all this doesnt matter now.

We knew this for weeks, we hopefully have plan B, C, D by Txiki in case of Negredo leaves.

I even would have been OK with fucking Remy. Pace, able to play as winger, can score etc. Now he is at Chelsea but Wenger wanted him too. Or Rodgers earlier.

razman said:
I said it was fun while it lasted for the isco fiasco last season... Was hoping this thread would be locked when we actually signed him
ISCO
+
FALCAO
-
COLA
=
FIASCO

People flapping over this.... LOL.

I couldn't give a toss if they signed Messi/Ronaldo/Bale today, reality is - Names don't create Teams.... Teams create Names.

Bring them on, we'll hold our own against anybody (except Stoke of course :P )

The stronger our competition, the more enjoyable it is :)

citytill1die84 said:
Allendintiers said:
"Jorge Mendes [Falcao's agent]: "It is a permanent deal but due to the fair play rules the first year must be a loan."

So what's stopped us?

Maybe didnt want to pay the €65m next summer for a 30 year old.

rushts said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:

I hate to put City in a negative light, and all along we have kept a discreet distance, but it still seems as a failure of sorts?

What I don't quite get is allowing Negredo's situation to drag out to the final day, unless Mendes had led us to believe a deal was guaranteed for Falcao.

And I certainly don't get why we would have turned our noses up at Di Maria, had Negredo's situation been sorted out much earlier?

It's cheap, especially so for United, who will cover his wages and some with Welbeck, Hernandez, Keane and Cleverley being moved out.

As someone famously said 'Eez football' but you are never in possession of all the dots and where they supposedly join.

and with that, i'm hoovering the car out :-(

So were just ignoring the fact that his agent says it's a permanent deal with the first year a loan for ffp purposes then ?

Let's be honest when the papers were talking £32m yesterday it sounded a decent deal.
£50m and £300k+ per week is way over the top for a guy of his age and injury record.

United are making a statement like we did when we bought Robinho (how the mighty have fallen).
He certainly isn't worth the money being quoted and that's why neither us nor Arsenal bit.

A very good player but not what the Rags require. They'll be no money in the kitty for the next guy
when the tactical turtle is fired. I think we will look back at this window in a couple of years time and
say that this was the point of no return for the Rags. They won't make the top 4.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's still a very cheap deal.

It's only United briefings, but it's £6m for the year and his entire wage covered.

We've just spent a Summer negotiating reduced basic contracts of still an eye-watering £120k pw. Pretty clear we weren't going to make an exception for Falcao. if Utd are happy to pay Monaco wages that's their look out. Their circumstances are different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.