Falcao Whisperings? (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheesy said:
I've heard that despite Rooney being made captain (something that Van Gaal is said to be reconsidering) he's still not happy at the Scum. This could be the straw that breaks the camels back IMO. I honestly think Rooney wants out (again!). Know of any PL teams that could be looking for a striker should they sell one of their (maybe homesick) strikers on deadline day?
Family_5cd33b_408870.gif

Neville Kneville said:
Rammy Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I hate to put City in a negative light, and all along we have kept a discreet distance, but it still seems as a failure of sorts?

What I don't quite get is allowing Negredo's situation to drag out to the final day, unless Mendes had led us to believe a deal was guaranteed for Falcao.

And I certainly don't get why we would have turned our noses up at Di Maria, had Negredo's situation been sorted out much earlier?

It's cheap, especially so for United, who will cover his wages and some with Welbeck, Hernandez, Keane and Cleverley being moved out.

As someone famously said 'Eez football' but you are never in possession of all the dots and where they supposedly join.

I agree with that, mate. Very strange goings on that I can only put down to FFP - I reckon we trust UEFA so little that we are making sure they have absolutely no way of stitching us up with an interpretation of the rulings, just like they did previously.

Maybe we are just taking it on the chin this summer knowing that we've still done decent business and can really go to town next summer. No-one is still sure about our punishment, how many windows it covers etc and maybe we are just erring on the side of caution.

But his agent says it's a permanent deal.

Yeah, after next summer.

By then they can sell a player to offset it, probably Mata or Van Persie.

United will have held an ace card if they have indeed guaranteed to purchase.

His loan fee will also come off the asking price, no doubt.

Mendes isn't daft enough to send him on loan to City or anywhere else if he can also rely on a £50m plus balancing payment.

If I were Arsenal, I'd offer United £10m for Van Persie!

OB1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
So Tolm, why would we back out of that?

I hate to put City in a negative light, and all along we have kept a discreet distance, but it still seems as a failure of sorts?

What I don't quite get is allowing Negredo's situation to drag out to the final day, unless Mendes had led us to believe a deal was guaranteed for Falcao.

And I certainly don't get why we would have turned our noses up at Di Maria, had Negredo's situation been sorted out much earlier?

It's cheap, especially so for United, who will cover his wages and some with Welbeck, Hernandez, Keane and Cleverley being moved out.

As someone famously said 'Eez football' but you are never in possession of all the dots and where they supposedly join.

If there was a way to upgrade from Negredo to Falcao, you do have to ask why we let is slip?

Maybe it was his salary.

Maybe Financial Foul Play has in some way hindered us.

If Negredo goes and we only have 3 strikers, that is a risk; unless we plan to play with 1 out and out striker more often. However, in that case, I would have liked to see us get another attacking midfielder. I know Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Lampard could all back-up the striker but still feels a bit short to me.

Also, and without being a spoilt child about it, pulling off a head turning transfer deal - for the right player not just the sake of it - wouldn't do any harm. Moreover, our main rivals have probably strengthened more than we have (bit of wait and see with Scousers).
we've been re-negotiating our players contracts and his Monaco contract fits into the Man Utd bracket, not City

OB1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
So Tolm, why would we back out of that?

If there was a way to upgrade from Negredo to Falcao, you do have to ask why we let is slip?

Maybe it was his salary.

Maybe Financial Foul Play has in some way hindered us.

If Negredo goes and we only have 3 strikers, that is a risk; unless we plan to play with 1 out and out striker more often. However, in that case, I would have liked to see us get another attacking midfielder. I know Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Lampard could all back-up the striker but still feels a bit short to me.

Also, and without being a spoilt child about it, pulling off a head turning transfer deal - for the right player not just the sake of it - wouldn't do any harm. Moreover, our main rivals have probably strengthened more than we have (bit of wait and see with Scousers).

Maybe we were never in for him and we're happy with what we've got?

We've added strength to the positions we needed to strengthen to a squad of Champions

BlueTaylor91 said:
Missed out big time

Falcao certainly has but if he's motivated by making money and not by making history he's made the right choice in joining your lot.

Marvin said:
moomba said:
citytill1die84 said:
So what's stopped us?

Maybe didnt want to pay the €65m next summer for a 30 year old.
Utd have blown us out of the water

Tables turned. But doesn't mean they will succeed where we did

Peter Swales on occasion blew United out of the water - Trevor Francis for instance - and it didn't end well.
United have seriously overpaid on this player. In Txiki we trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.