Falcao Whisperings? (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cat-filing-nails-gif.gif

Rammy Blue said:
OB1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I hate to put City in a negative light, and all along we have kept a discreet distance, but it still seems as a failure of sorts?

What I don't quite get is allowing Negredo's situation to drag out to the final day, unless Mendes had led us to believe a deal was guaranteed for Falcao.

And I certainly don't get why we would have turned our noses up at Di Maria, had Negredo's situation been sorted out much earlier?

It's cheap, especially so for United, who will cover his wages and some with Welbeck, Hernandez, Keane and Cleverley being moved out.

As someone famously said 'Eez football' but you are never in possession of all the dots and where they supposedly join.

If there was a way to upgrade from Negredo to Falcao, you do have to ask why we let is slip?

Maybe it was his salary.

Maybe Financial Foul Play has in some way hindered us.

If Negredo goes and we only have 3 strikers, that is a risk; unless we plan to play with 1 out and out striker more often. However, in that case, I would have liked to see us get another attacking midfielder. I know Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Lampard could all back-up the striker but still feels a bit short to me.

Also, and without being a spoilt child about it, pulling off a head turning transfer deal - for the right player not just the sake of it - wouldn't do any harm. Moreover, our main rivals have probably strengthened more than we have (bit of wait and see with Scousers).

When we were linked yesterday morn it was 40mil euros transfer fee, now it appears to be 65mil euros. That's one hell of an increase and I wouldn't want us to be taking him at that money at his age with a potentially dodgy knee.

Could be Monaco tried to ratchet up the price and we walked away.

I am all for us not having the piss taken out of us on fees but it is one concern about us that we have not pulled off a star signing since Aguero.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
I agree.....we scored over 100+ goals without Falcao so not too concerned we missed out but I would have to say....when a player like Falcao is available on a 6mil loan deal with option to buy the following year....its a chance you shouldnt turn down...he's a top 5 striker! If Negredo is still a blue at 11pm tonight I'll be very happy but if he's gone and Falcao goes rags......it will be a mistake!
yet again utd the only team linked with a player...
I repeat only the rags wanted him....
no Madrid,no barca,no Bayern,no juventus,no us...
if he`s gone there on loan too it speaks volumes about falcao,it says to me that the rags are taking a gamble that nobody else wanted to...
looks like utd got the last turkey in the shop...

manimanc said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
I agree.....we scored over 100+ goals without Falcao so not too concerned we missed out but I would have to say....when a player like Falcao is available on a 6mil loan deal with option to buy the following year....its a chance you shouldnt turn down...he's a top 5 striker! If Negredo is still a blue at 11pm tonight I'll be very happy but if he's gone and Falcao goes rags......it will be a mistake!
yet again utd the only team linked with a player...
I repeat only the rags wanted him....
no Madrid,no barca,no Bayern,no juventus,no us...
if he`s gone there on loan too it speaks volumes about falcao,it says to me that the rags are taking a gamble that nobody else wanted to...
looks like utd got the last turkey in the shop...

Denial?

OB1 said:
Rammy Blue said:
OB1 said:
If there was a way to upgrade from Negredo to Falcao, you do have to ask why we let is slip?

Maybe it was his salary.

If Negredo goes and we only have 3 strikers, that is a risk; unless we plan to play with 1 out and out striker more often. However, in that case, I would have liked to see us get another attacking midfielder. I know Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Lampard could all back-up the striker but still feels a bit short to me.

Also, and without being a spoilt child about it, pulling off a head turning transfer deal - for the right player not just the sake of it - wouldn't do any harm. Moreover, our main rivals have probably strengthened more than we have (bit of wait and see with Scousers).

When we were linked yesterday morn it was 40mil euros transfer fee, now it appears to be 65mil euros. That's one hell of an increase and I wouldn't want us to be taking him at that money at his age with a potentially dodgy knee.

I am all for us not having the piss taken out of us on fees but it is one concern about us that we have not pulled off a star signing since Aguero.

Yes, because we were piss poor last year weren't we?

OB1 said:
Rammy Blue said:
OB1 said:

Maybe it was his salary.

I said the same yesterday mate, but this was never the window for a "galactico".

We've no idea of the reality of how the FFP sanctions hamper us, we won't want dialogue with UEFA after they fucked us so I reckon we're just chilling out knowing we've shifted most of the deadwood and still strengthened the squad.

We can buy in Jan plus we'll piss FFP now so will be able to go big next summer.

OB1 said:
Rammy Blue said:
OB1 said:

Maybe it was his salary.

I know what you are saying. Only winning the League and Cup last year is very concerning indeed.

Marvin said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Neville Kneville said:
But his agent says it's a permanent deal.

Yeah, after next summer.

By then they can sell a player to offset it, probably Mata or Van Persie.

United will have held an ace card if they have indeed guaranteed to purchase.

His loan fee will also come off the asking price, no doubt.

Mendes isn't daft enough to send him on loan to City or anywhere else if he can also rely on a £50m plus balancing payment.

If I were Arsenal, I'd offer United £10m for Van Persie!
Thought RVP had a knee injury? Or is that over-exaggerated?

I don't think Arsenal could get anywhere to matching RVP's wages. Supposed to be around £250k pw

Utd are stuck with RVP.

United would certainly have to pay Van Persie off, and that's too much even for them!

Like Rooney, they are creating gilded cages for players who are getting older.

Something we have done with Yaya.

We've got £25m burning a hole in our pocket, outside of Negredo.

The team, despite being great champions, needed a lift IMO, even with the restrictions.

Arsenal did this with Sanchez, Chelsea with Fabregas, United with Di Maria/Falcao and Liverpool with Balotelli.

Sometimes it is about making your rivals sit up and take notice. Especially so, when we failed to do so the last time after a title win.

Now being reported...

Manchester United in talks to sign João Moutinho
According to the Metro, Manchester United are in talks with AS Monaco midfielder João Moutinho who could join Radamel Falcao at Old Trafford.

Looks pretty clear that we were in for him, but only on our terms and Utd trumped them.

Falcao has put £ before football which is something our players were accused of. He moved from Porto to Monaco when he had the whole of football chasing his signature. There you go. Still a great player. Certainly so when fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.