Famous murderers

The Yorkshire ripper Peter Sutcliffe. His final victims were way more than he was credited with. There were several bodies found along the route he had taken to visit his girl friend in London when she was recuperating after a nervous breakdown. They did have the stamp of the ripper. Also there were a few similar unsolved murders in France and Germany at the time when Sutcliffe made continental deliveries. He really should have done hard time in prison - never mind Broadmoor.
Not only his victims ,but there must have been a fair few lucky escapes for women who turned down his offers of a lift,and I imagine there must have been a lucky few who managed somehow to escape after being picked up . ..

giphy.gif

The Yorkshire ripper Peter Sutcliffe. His final victims were way more than he was credited with. There were several bodies found along the route he had taken to visit his girl friend in London when she was recuperating after a nervous breakdown. They did have the stamp of the ripper. Also there were a few similar unsolved murders in France and Germany at the time when Sutcliffe made continental deliveries. He really should have done hard time in prison - never mind Broadmoor.
I'm not disputing that Sutcliffe was an evil bastard and almost certainly killed more people but are you not getting mixed up with Robert Black here? To my knowledge, Sutcliffe's job was confined to relatively local areas, whereas Black's deliveries took him all over the country and beyond. Sutcliffe's known victims weren't from or found any further afield than Manchester. Black's were from Scotland, Yorkshire and Northern Ireland. He's also the prime suspect in the disappearance of Genette Tate who went missing in Devon. Plus he's suspected of committing murders in Ireland, Germany, France, and Holland - all near places where he delivered to.

I'm not disputing that Sutcliffe was an evil bastard and almost certainly killed more people but are you not getting mixed up with Robert Black here? To my knowledge, Sutcliffe's job was confined to relatively local areas, whereas Black's deliveries took him all over the country and beyond. Sutcliffe's known victims weren't from or found any further afield than Manchester. Black's were from Scotland, Yorkshire and Northern Ireland. He's also the prime suspect in the disappearance of Genette Tate who went missing in Devon. Plus he's suspected of committing murders in Ireland, Germany, France, and Holland - all near places where he delivered to.
Sutcliffe definitely made deliveries to France and Germany. Admittedly not very many as the vast bulk were local. He would not have turned down a lucrative job. The continental police in both countries reported very similar slayings of prostitutes to Sutcliffe's MO but in view of the time elapsed and no hard evidence they could not take this any further.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.