Famous relatives.

Vc and bar
His Grave stone has two VC's engraved on it.
Noel Chavasse was the only man to win two in WW1.
one other won one before WW1( Boar War maybe) and one in WW1 he was also a surgeon.
The third VC and bar was awarded in WW2 to a kiwi called Charles Upham. I met him in the mid to late sixties His two VCs were awarded for actions that a couple of years apart. Read this guys story if you want to know what a VC really means.
Arthur Martin-leake was the other surgeon and also another company named after him in the junior medics, the boy Charles Upham needed a restraining jacket for his own safety, a man on a mission, shot multiple times & once captured tried to escape at every opportunity, pushed the boundaries and lived to 86

My dad appeared in the 'before the courts' newspaper section a few times in the 60's. Does that count?

The best I can come up with is that 2 weeks ago my son married the daughter of an ex City player

traces her line back to the Huguenots.
That's cool, they have a very nice retirement home darn scarf, very cheap, we can access if and when
Arthur Martin-leake was the other surgeon and also another company named after him in the junior medics, the boy Charles Upham needed a restraining jacket for his own safety, a man on a mission, shot multiple times & once captured tried to escape at every opportunity, pushed the boundaries and lived to 86

Just read his Wiki page - what a story.

Imelda from The Commitments is my cousin :-)

2s8rz84.jpg

Would you nail her?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.