Fans at London away games

Wish i was a 'proper' City fan and could stand up all game, some of us do get to a age when we appreciate a fekkin seat...

Prestwich_Blue said:
I think the London and other southern-based SC's get a lot of tickets for London away games, plus I suspect a lot get sold to hospitality/even companies.

The Branch only get the amount of tickets they ask for. You've got to be a Bluecard member with the advanced ticket add-on to stand a chance of getting in.

i had to get tickets in the spurs end (east stand) and i was suprised by how quiet we were, although "were just a shit man u....d" sung back at them went down well with the spurs fans around us!

I took my boy on Sunday and he couldnt see a thing with everyone stood up on the lower tear.
I went down to the front a couple of times to see if anyone wanted to swap seats with us cos we were at the back and know one was willing, so imo i dont think everyone wants to stand up, just a minority.
If everyone who wants to stand up they should just go to the back and let the kids at the front like years gone by. But everyone has to stand at there correct seat which is pointless.
Breaking the rules anyway so i shouldnt think it would matter.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:04 pm --<br /><br />I took my boy on Sunday and he couldnt see a thing with everyone stood up on the lower tear.
I went down to the front a couple of times to see if anyone wanted to swap seats with us cos we were at the back and know one was willing, so imo i dont think everyone wants to stand up, just a minority.
If everyone who wants to stand up they should just go to the back and let the kids at the front like years gone by. But everyone has to stand at there correct seat which is pointless.
Breaking the rules anyway so i shouldnt think it would matter.

I was sat down because I had a bad back and had been stood up most of the train journey down.

Still celebrated when we scored and wanted to do some singing.

Was on upper tier row 3. Good fun had on sunday. Didn't see any grief from the stewards either.

Now please do not shoot the messenger, I am only retyping what I have just read:

Simon Hoggart in the Guardian on Saturday (pg25)

"I go to two or three sports events a year, and last weekend found me at the Oval, watching Ian Bell almost reach 300. There I had the misfortune to sit behind the Stander. He attends everywhere and finds it very hard to stay seated. When the match begins it takes nothing to get the Stander up again. This doesn't much matter in cricket, since the event - a four or a wicket - has already occurred by the time he has spotted it. But at football or rugby it's lethal, as he blocks your view of the penalty area or the brilliant run for the try line. Powerful electric shocks may be the only answer."

Why have I only just read Saturday's paper? Because I took it with me to read on the train on Sunday and had to stand for almost 3 hours instead and then stand at the match!! (The match bit I am not 'complaining' about just stating a fact!)

cjhaz1969 said:
i had to get tickets in the spurs end (east stand) and i was suprised by how quiet we were, although "were just a shit man u....d" sung back at them went down well with the spurs fans around us!

Surprising, I come out thinking it was one of the best away atmospheres for a while, but maybe it just didnt carry!

I can understand the odd older person needing to sit but I'm not having the kids excuse. When I was going City when I was younger and everyone stood up, I just stood on the seat, it never did me any harm, infact I preferred it to sitting.

In the Community Shield, people were telling me to sit down, just after kick off. I mean come one, it's Wembley ffs, plus people were still stood up from cheering the players, Poznan'ing and stuff. I don't like these new fans.

Grand Master Ram Rod, if you had seen the face on the little boy who missed the City goals because of the stewards and the fans in the aisle you might change your mind. His Dad did his best for the lad but he (the lad) was not that tall, he stood on the seat and still couldn't see.

We are not in the days when we passed the youngsters down to the front over the heads of the fans further back. I remember taking my 2 lads to matches where that happened and they ended up on the front row.

Once again, not taking pure sides on the standing -sitting debate just putting other reasons/opinions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.