Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I always stay until the game ends, but we have to leave pretty much straight away otherwise we’d miss our bus back. Some can be quick to judge why people don’t/can’t wait around or leave early.

Very, very strange how fans observe other fans behaviour these days (even fans supporting the same team). Any little thing is pulled up on.
I don't understand the dick waving arms race thats developing.
It seems the media have successfully infiltrated the ego's of football fan 'ultras', who are now only content with a fan version of North Korea being put in place. Fan shaming - now there's a weird development.
When fans leave, how they react to the game, how they react to players, how they understand tactics, etc, really isn't up for discussion. They pay their money and they make their choice.
Football is, ultimately, an entertainment industry, and fans add to the entertainment.
Yes of course you make your choice. But don't you find it's odd that we are one of the the worst if not the worst at showing support to the team but have the best manager with amazing footballers playing some sublime and wonderful winning football.
Well according to the mass exodus at the end it's obvious we're not that entertaining.

Nothing annoys me more tbh. I understand why in certain situations some cannot stay, but it's become a culture- veey few other club I've been too has the droves of people leaving at 85mins. When u consider how blessed we are to witness performances like we do and have players with the attitudes that our players have it disappoints me massively. At the end of the game vs Palace the players purposely did a walk around the stadium and for it to be half empty after the effort they out in to turn that game around isn't great.

City can solve the half time issue though by making the serving of food and alcohol more efficient. It's always the same story, no beers ready to go and the people serving not able to take the next order whilst they are blocked on food. If people don't leave early at half time then there is a good chance they don't make the start of the second half. Those that do wait until the half time whistle typically miss the start of the second half, so you can't win. I've heard this feedback all over the ground and this feels well within the clubs control to sort out.

As for the full time issue, I'm not going to judge. For me personally if I drive up then it makes no difference unless I leave 10 mins before the end which personally I don't do. But when I get the train I often have to leave on the whistle to get back down south or I have to wait another hour for the next train with my young kids. The trains are also getting worse which is not helping.

I have come to the conclusion that they’re all under the thumb and have to be home before the missus tells them off. No idea why else they’d all fuck off when we have our new star striker leading the biggest stadium-wide applause to the fans I’ve ever seen without it being a last game of the season… and about 1,000 fans are left as he’s doing it.
We can't be the only fans that are p*ssy whipped. Personally I think it runs deeper than that and goes back to when we were shit. We were miserable back then and I just think the fans from that era 40's to 60's just haven't shaken that "bah humbug" feeling off. Some go out of habit and lack that emotion with the club. The worry is the younger fans may accept this as normal and we'll never have that amazing support this team deserves.

Last edited:
Yes of course you make your choice. But don't you find it's odd that we are one of the the worst if not the worst at showing support to the team but have the best manager with amazing footballers playing some sublime and wonderful winning football.
Well according to the mass exodus at the end it's obvious we're not that entertaining.
We don't have the best manager, get over yourself.....

Again, it's not just us it's the premier league the discussion should be "Is it a new phenomenon?".

I don't believe it is.

Again, it's not just us it's the premier league the discussion should be "Is it a new phenomenon?".

I don't believe it is.

People are time poor in modern society. Always rushing to the next thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.