Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I was in the 5%. My journey home is always going to be longer unless I leave later.

Why didn’t he do a second lap?

Ha ha. Well I have to admit my bus from Altrincham wasn't until 18:52 so I had plenty of time to kill. The 17:52 I'd be lucky to make even if I joined the lemmings leaving on the 80th minute. I'd have stayed today anyway after that second half performance,they deserved all the applause.

Ha ha. Well I have to admit my bus from Altrincham wasn't until 18:52 so I had plenty of time to kill. The 17:52 I'd be lucky to make even if I joined the lemmings leaving on the 80th minute. I'd have stayed today anyway after that second half performance,they deserved all the applause.
Modern life mate. No one has enough time for anything these days.

Just got home and thought about this on the drive back. I felt embarrassed that more of us didn’t stay to salute their comeback. But those that did looked and sounded great - huge love shown and it looked appreciated by the team and Haaland in particular.

Having said that, I had a steward telling my two boys and me (and all around us) to leave the stadium within a few minutes of the whistle. No time to take it all in, take some photos or some other post coital relaxant! Annoying.

Another grumble - people leaving for half time early, getting whatever they need to eat then walking back to their seats just as the ref blows for half time. Wtf. Who the fuck needs chips and a Fanta that badly. We haven’t climbed the north face of the Eiger and need to replenish with carbs. We’ve sat and watched some football. Get some tea before and after the match ffs. Mild rant over.

Just got home and thought about this on the drive back. I felt embarrassed that more of us didn’t stay to salute their comeback. But those that did looked and sounded great - huge love shown and it looked appreciated by the team and Haaland in particular.

Having said that, I had a steward telling my two boys and me (and all around us) to leave the stadium within a few minutes of the whistle. No time to take it all in, take some photos or some other post coital relaxant! Annoying.

Another grumble - people leaving for half time early, getting whatever they need to eat then walking back to their seats just as the ref blows for half time. Wtf. Who the fuck needs chips and a Fanta that badly. We haven’t climbed the north face of the Eiger and need to replenish with carbs. We’ve sat and watched some football. Get some tea before and after the match ffs. Mild rant over.

Good point, those that did stay made a lot of noise and it did look like the players appreciated it.

At the end of the game today, Erling Haaland lead a team-wide (bar Kyle Walker who saw his arse about something, kicked the ball at the fans in the East Stand and was throwing his arms in then air as he left pitch… fuck knows what went on there?!) sort of lap of honour to every stand in the stadium and there were barely any fucking fans left to acknowledge it.

That’s the most comprehensive applause I’ve ever seen from any player at our ground.

He, and the rest of the team, deserve better than everyone fucking off before that sort of thing!

This is England.

the optics are bad.I agree with you OP

I think it is mostly Car owners,an extra 10 minutes can be the difference in spending over an hour sat in traffic.If you have young children,and dependents to get home to.

Traffic has been a nightmare since the Stadium was opened.

I couldn't go, I can't on Wednesday either (work interfering).

I normally clap them off, but I'm not sure doing a "lap of honour" (not my description) after beating a team we should be beating is that good an idea, yes, applaud the fans from the centre circle, but no need to milk it in a game like this.
Really ? Why not ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.