Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I wonder why people never leave concerts early, stay to the end, stay for an encore (additional time), and applaud the band or artist at the end of the concert? (even though it’s still a ball ache to get away from the Etihad)
Don’t you get that the reason why a lot of blues go to the match is to see City win, not to be entertained and take part in some artificial “celebration” every fucking week ? If we’re cruising to victory then people understandably think job done, I’ve seen what I came to see and off they pop.

Maybe this explains why in recent years when we are in fact often cruising to victory the phenomenon of early leavers has become more evident to the perpetually offended ?

I’ll try not to be confrontational , but its no fucker elses business if some leaves early. Mind your own bees wax. How i support city (season ticket for 35 years) is nothing to do with anyone else and people who moan about early leavers are just dick waving and proclaiming to be bigger blues.

I generally leave when the board goes up. My reasons… city isnt my whole life like some peoples

V palace i had a night out planned that i wanted to get away and home for.
V forest i took my 2 little ones and wanted them home at a reasonable hour.

Getting away those few mins early can be the difference between 30/40 mins exrra travel and for those with lives other than city, it all adds up

So honestly, dont worry about it. We all pay our monies and can support our club however the fuck we want. Wanna sing? Sing. Wanna sit on your hands saying fuck all? Fine. Wanna leave early? No one elses business.

Just dont worry about it
Nailed it.

Don’t you get that the reason why a lot of blues go to the match is to see City win, not to be entertained and take part in some artificial “celebration” every fucking week ? If we’re cruising to victory then people understandably think job done, I’ve seen what I came to see and off they pop.

Maybe this explains why in recent years when we are in fact often cruising to victory the phenomenon of early leavers has become more evident to the perpetually offended ?

Like everyone on here and inside the stadium I’ve seen a fire drill at the Etihad on numerous occasions when the match is still in the balance 0-0, 1-1, 2-1, 1-2, 2-2, etc, when the players need our support, backing, and the match isn’t won, with City fans leaving 15 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes before the match ends. Watch the match for 75 minutes then leave early just so you can avoid the traffic, get home early, or get back into town early.

Yes, that Milan derby support by both sets of fans really was an artificial celebration wasn’t it. (see the Etihad atmosphere thread) All that fake and contrived singing, support, emotion, joy, disappointment, etc. Nothing like what you get at the Etihad and in the PL.

I’m sure you’ll notice that artificial support from the Seville fans and their singing section behind the goal on Tuesday as well.

Like everyone on here and inside the stadium I’ve seen a fire drill at the Etihad on numerous occasions when the match is still in the balance 0-0, 1-1, 2-1, 1-2, 2-2, etc, when the players need our support, backing, and the match isn’t won, with City fans leaving 15 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes before the match ends. Watch the match for 75 minutes then leave early just so you can avoid the traffic, get home early, or get back into town early.

Yes, that Milan derby support by both sets of fans really was an artificial celebration wasn’t it. All that fake and contrived singing, support, emotion, joy, disappointment, etc. Nothing like what you get at the Etihad and in the PL.
Why are you always banging on about foreign games and disingenuously exaggerating the atmosphere there. Rather than focus on say the Milan derby where it’s obviously gonna be bouncing (just the same as our big games are) why not compare like with like and post some footage of say Milan v Lecce.

You spend an awful lot of time and trouble decrying the atmosphere at City, using pejorative terms like “fire drill” to criticise blues. What’s wrong with you man, are you really even a blue ?

Why are you always banging on about foreign games and disingenuously exaggerating the atmosphere there. Rather than focus on say the Milan derby where it’s obviously gonna be bouncing (just the same as our big games are) why not compare like with like and post some footage of say Milan v Lecce.

You spend an awful lot of time and trouble decrying the atmosphere at City, using pejorative terms like “fire drill” to criticise blues. What’s wrong with you man, are you really even a blue ?

No I don’t. You’re a liar. I never criticise our support at the Etihad or away.(on purpose) I always support and praise our support and supporters. When our support is bad, which does happen, I will say, otherwise I always post positive comments about our support.

As for European supporters, regardless of it being contrived or not, as a rule it’s better than PL support, which is evident in CL and EL matches.

No, I'm not a blue! Ask City, ask the 1894 lads, ask posters on here, and have a look at my season ticket on my mobile. I had a season ticket at MR in the Kippax and in the North Stand.

Last edited:
No I don’t. You’re a liar. I never criticise our support at the Etihad or away.(on purpose) I always support our support and supporters. When our support is bad, which does happen, I will say, otherwise I always post positive comments about our support.

As for European supporters, regardless of it being contrived or not, as a rule it’s better than PL support, which is evident in CL and EL matches.

No, I'm not a blue! Ask City, ask the 1894 lads, ask posters on here, and have a look at my season ticket on my mobile. I had a season ticket at MR in the Kippax and in the North Stand.
“As a rule” means fuck all unless you’re watching every game played - how do you know what the atmosphere’s like in un televised humdrum midweek league games ? You don’t, you’re guessing. You seem to be basing your argument on a handful of European nights and YouTube videos - obv nobody posts videos of the lack of atmosphere at run of the mill matches.

You’ve been criticising blues all the way through this thread for the crime of not following City in exactly the way that you choose to. It seems odd that you’ve chosen to go on the attack after 3 unglamorous home games at which the atmosphere has been markedly better than in corresponding games in previous seasons - so much better in fact that it’s been commented on by Pep and the players and positive blues everywhere.

City fans have always fucked off early. Even at Maine road there was a que to get out 15 minutes before the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.