Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I wasn't winding him up. It was an observation, a stement of fact, not a criticism.

Leave early if you want but don't get all indignant when someone points out the obvious truth that you're making the club look bad.

If you say you don't give a fuck about what other fans think about our club, I don't believe you.
no really....I couldnt give two fucks boss............neither should you.

Which club in this country has every single fan staying until the end or even to clap players walking around the pitch? It's been going on since I first started going to Maine Road boss. Bitching about it won't make an ounce of difference. Until they pay fans to attend it's also no ones business.

Last edited:
I'm not saying I personally agree with it. I've lived in Stoke since I was a child (I'm not from nor have I ever lived in Manc) and as a result I've never been to Maine Road or the Etihad more than 5 times in a season. Therefore every time I've gone I've been determined to watch every second of the game.

Given the state of transport, sometimes people just want to avoid traffic and they don't see themselves missing much when the game is dead and buried like that even with 15 mins left. I left the moment the whistle blew because of making sure I was on the last train.

I personally find leaving early a little cringeworthy but it's not something I stress over. As for what other fans say, there is nothing we can say or do that they will approve of so I havent cared in years.

It could always be worse. I was at the US Open Cup final between Kansas City and Seattle in 2012, we had Kansas fans who were leaving the moment extra time ended.

Before the shootout. In a cup final. At their own stadium.
Did they know a shoot out was going to happen?

We are not, we're not really here,
Just like the fans that left to get an early bus,
We're not really here.

Just like the fans that left to beat the traffic jams,
We're not really here.

To be sung at the 85th minute, or as soon as the away fans start up with 'Is there a fire drill?'.

No need to worry about offending the lukewarm hypersensitive leavers, they'll already have left.

I wonder why people never leave concerts early, stay to the end, stay for an encore (additional time), and applaud the band or artist at the end of the concert? (even though it’s still a ball ache to get away from the Etihad)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.