Fans Not Staying To Applaud The Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
City should consider those who can’t decide what to do at full time,by playing “Should i stay or should I go” Clash song at half time to help the undecided,this forum is full of people who know what they want to do and are drowning out those who are havering…

I wonder why people never leave concerts early, stay to the end, stay for an encore (additional time), and applaud the band or artist at the end of the concert? (even though it’s still a ball ache to get away from the Etihad)
Because they dont go and see that band on a weekly basis? Its a one off event, not a small part of a whole season.

Cant compare really.

I wonder why people never leave concerts early, stay to the end, stay for an encore (additional time), and applaud the band or artist at the end of the concert? (even though it’s still a ball ache to get away from the Etihad)
Thousands only turn up approachin 9pm missing most of the acts. They regret not planning ahead when queuing 90 mins for the tram in Hen Do attire starting to sober up before fucking it off and getting scammed off a black cab and feeling ill all week.

Very easy to get away from if driving as most don't know the street parking situation and the roads are pretty clear compared the the football. People do tend to leave a few mins early when they know the last song is on. But others wait behind as they think another will be played which doesn't come.

Also people going to a concert, their whole day is about seeing that artist. That is 100% the point of the day out.

People who treat a City game like that, don’t seem to be able to understand that everybody else doesn’t think the same way. But the fact is to a lot of people the football match is one part of their day. For many it’s not even the main event of their day.

*tongue in cheek time*

For those who are concerned about the impression for other fans/media/Uncle Tom Cobbley et al… why don’t you buy a couple of blow up dolls, dress them in City tops and have them ready to place in the seats/standing area vacated by the early leavers? It will look as if the ground is still full. Problem solved?

I say this a a dedicated late leaver who felt very guilty having to leave early at the last match I attended! But who is too busy watching the match to see early leavers even as they pass me to get out of my row! :-) :-)

Funny how the kids don’t need their dad, the wife is perfectly fine with you going to a game, and the traffic is suddenly not an issue when going to an away match.

Funny how the kids don’t need their dad, the wife is perfectly fine with you going to a game, and the traffic is suddenly not an issue when going to an away match.

Funny peculiar or funny ha ha?

the kids don’t need their dad, the wife is perfectly fine with you going to a game, and the traffic is suddenly not an issue when going to an away match.
A bit misogynistic.

Hardly any fans go away, and plenty leave away games, and even cup finals early due to transport cost and restrictions. Those on coaches tend to stay behind as they know there will be stragglers so no point rushing.

At the end of the game today, Erling Haaland lead a team-wide (bar Kyle Walker who saw his arse about something, kicked the ball at the fans in the East Stand and was throwing his arms in then air as he left pitch… fuck knows what went on there?!) sort of lap of honour to every stand in the stadium and there were barely any fucking fans left to acknowledge it.

That’s the most comprehensive applause I’ve ever seen from any player at our ground.

He, and the rest of the team, deserve better than everyone fucking off before that sort of thing!
I stayed - but I was privileged that:
I didn't have miles to travel
I wasn't about to start a night shift
I didn't have to get up at 5am for work.

This conversation has gone on for ages - it's just one of those things (admittedly made worse by the "tourist" fans who simply don't give a shit). Putting it simply - this isn't Germany where they stay at every sporting event for the players and fans to express support for one another.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.