Fans that have been supporting City for 30+ years!!!!

BooksReject said:
In my 40's, and City for 35 years...and with old age comes memory loss. I'm fortunate that I can remember some of the rubbish served up to us over the years, but some oldies are obviously afflicted, including who you were talking to RACHACE. Trust me, at this stage of the season, and in this economy, debt free, 4th place in our hands, a decent squad that will be added to in the summer - jeez what do some people want! I'm in the 'cup half full' brigade me :)
I said something along those lines on the way down there last night, 4 th in the league, semi final of the carling cup, some fantastic players, and people are still moaning.... then within 10 mins of the game last night we've give them 5 throw in from dangerous positions cant pass water and are running round like headless chickens!!! times are good but these players are bloody frustrating at times!! Oh and i'm 41 and have been going since 1980, hence bald head and blood pressure through the roof...... god it's great being a City fan!!

bluemoon1078 said:
RACHACE said:
Maybe, it's really frustrating having payed to go and support my team that I have to stand and listen to "shit", "fuk off back to Italy", "Get Hughes back" after any misplaced pass or substitution!!!

I agree.............and what's more it's the same clowns who wanted Hughes out because he "couldn't organize a defense" and was a "long ball merchant" they will never ever be happy!

Exactly, that did'nt go down well when I pointed that out though

My first match was in 1961 and I have been a supporter and season ticket holder ever since and believe me, they are talking rubbish. You don't have to have been going to the matches and being a supporter for donkeys' years to give an opinion, everyone is entitled to that whether they are relative newcomers or old fogeys like myself, and I do remember some pretty abysmal times - believe me - I think the problem is that because the club is now owned by incredibly weathy owners, many fans expect miracles. We are in the top four, we have lots of injured players, so I firmly believe we should be getting behind our team and giving encouragement. Constructive criticism is o.k. but constantly slagging off the team can be demoralising, but then again, maybe I'm the one thats wrong.

i first went around 78-79 as a kid, by 81 was going regular and believe me this is far from the worst football, its just that the expectations have shot up faster than its possible to go as a team.
i blame a lot of this on the press for building it up, waiting for the chance to knock it back down, and any fans for believing said said press buillshit.

bluejean1 said:
My first match was in 1961 and I have been a supporter and season ticket holder ever since and believe me, they are talking rubbish. You don't have to have been going to the matches and being a supporter for donkeys' years to give an opinion, everyone is entitled to that whether they are relative newcomers or old fogeys like myself, and I do remember some pretty abysmal times - believe me - I think the problem is that because the club is now owned by incredibly weathy owners, many fans expect miracles. We are in the top four, we have lots of injured players, so I firmly believe we should be getting behind our team and giving encouragement. Constructive criticism is o.k. but constantly slagging off the team can be demoralising, but then again, maybe I'm the one thats wrong.

This (except I've only been going since 1965)

bluejean1 said:

Sound spot on to me blue

RACHACE said:
bluemoon1078 said:
I agree.............and what's more it's the same clowns who wanted Hughes out because he "couldn't organize a defense" and was a "long ball merchant" they will never ever be happy!

We are 4th. We arent performing to our players potential. Why all the insults? If you know about football you will see we are'nt performing. I hate changing managers every year, I hate City beating the rags then losing to Charlton. I can see when we play poorly but some of you see the need to insult people who point this out and keep saying "We are 4th, how can we be crap?" Not a very well thought out input . We are going to be severely tested over the next few weeks and im not sure any blue will be telling the truth if they say they are confident we are going to come out on top against the teams around us who are more likely to punish us than Stoke, Hull, Bolton etc

blueju said:
RACHACE said:

We are 4th. We arent performing to our players potential. Why all the insults? If you know about football you will see we are'nt performing. I hate changing managers every year, I hate City beating the rags then losing to Charlton. I can see when we play poorly but some of you see the need to insult people who point this out and keep saying "We are 4th, how can we be crap?" Not a very well thought out input . We are going to be severely tested over the next few weeks and im not sure any blue will be telling the truth if they say they are confident we are going to come out on top against the teams around us who are more likely to punish us than Stoke, Hull, Bolton etc

here here fella!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.