Fans that have been supporting City for 30+ years!!!!

ive been locked up in a south american prison for the last 10years and had no contact with the outside world and ive just looked at the premier league table and city are in 4TH WOW they must be getting quite good now ey guys??

In my 40's, and City for 35 years...and with old age comes memory loss. I'm fortunate that I can remember some of the rubbish served up to us over the years, but some oldies are obviously afflicted, including who you were talking to RACHACE. Trust me, at this stage of the season, and in this economy, debt free, 4th place in our hands, a decent squad that will be added to in the summer - jeez what do some people want! I'm in the 'cup half full' brigade me :)

Memories are definitely short!! I have seen a lot worse. I think it's all down to perspective.
This might be the worst football played by a City team that has cost over 200 million quid!!
That's the problem. After spending so much money, we want to be entertained by exciting, attacking football, AND win.
If you spend 50 quid on a meal you want it to taste better than a 2 quid burger.

RACHACE i think you talk sence. i have been a city supporter for 21 years and i believe that we have been through alot worse positions than we are in at the min. 4th in the prem with a game in hand and a chance at the FA Cup still. If we beat Liverpool at weekend that will put us in an even better position what more do we want you carnt have everything instantly, we need time to gel together as a team like chelsea did. we need to all pull together and get behind the team not get at them. what more can we ask for appart from some consistancy but when have we ever been conststant.

I've been going for 25 years and seen too many City teams to mention that were less entertaining to watch than Mancini's side.

Where this idea has come from that we have been brought up on stunning, free-flowing football I really don't know. Joe Royle's still fondly remembered by many on here (not me, but that's another story) but his sides were bloody awful to watch, especially during his one and only season in the Premiership with us.

Just ignore them. They're using hyperbole to try and make a point.

RACHACE said:
Got told off a bunch of lads who have been going for the best part of the last 30 years that this is the worst football they have seen at City!!

I could'nt believe what they were saying and dared to challenge them only to be shot down with "i have'nt been going long enough" etc etc (Been season ticket holder for last 9 seasons)

I expect a bit of naive/bullshit talk from some younger fans after a few too many WKD's but to hear such bollocks from older seasoned supporters is beyond belief.

I really hope that the shit I am hearing about Mancini is just the vocal minority and that the vast majority can see that we have come so far and still have plenty to play for til the end of the season.

Last night without Tevez and Bellamy we got a point at one of the more difficult places to go in the league, send Manure there without Rooney & Giggs or Liverpool there without Torres & Gerrard or Arsenal there without Van Persie & Arshavin and I imagine that they would all struggle.

Calm down please and there is no point whatsoever in booing Mancini, Vieira, Ade, Toure or anyone. We could actually be the difference and if we don't back and instead moan at any opportunity it will only add to the pressure for OUR manager & OUR players

its not the worst we have seen, far from it, the pain i feel is its the best set of players we have had for 40 years let alone 30 and yet we are doing our level best to waste those skills, to the point of lifting our opponants hopes all the time.we constantly go on the back foot and hand them the inititive, bloody shame if you ask me.

as booing, not a chance i or i dont think any one round have booed city.

good point too regarding bellers and tevez, its good to have another couple of full backs waiting in the wings;)

i have been attending city games for almost 42 years and whilst mancini is hardly playing "brazil 1970 " tactics , it is far from the worst i have seen (the total football genius that was stuart pearce springs to mind as the most recent ?) football wise - i for one am sick to death of playing pretty football and winning nothing - if city bore there way to 4th place , and / or wembley this season i will be more than made up . i think a lot of people these days are using the "boring football " excuse as a reason to stay at home or in the pub , especially blokes of my age as we value comfort over style in middle age !

PS i have complained to the bbc today about those 2 miserable twats (fred eyre & nigel gleghorn) they both need to jump off a cliff together and do us all a favour - MAGIC 1152 are hardly gushing with praise all the time but at least try to give a positive slant to things !

RACHACE said:
Got told off a bunch of lads who have been going for the best part of the last 30 years that this is the worst football they have seen at City!!

I could'nt believe what they were saying and dared to challenge them only to be shot down with "i have'nt been going long enough" etc etc (Been season ticket holder for last 9 seasons)

I expect a bit of naive/bullshit talk from some younger fans after a few too many WKD's but to hear such bollocks from older seasoned supporters is beyond belief.

I really hope that the shit I am hearing about Mancini is just the vocal minority and that the vast majority can see that we have come so far and still have plenty to play for til the end of the season.

Last night without Tevez and Bellamy we got a point at one of the more difficult places to go in the league, send Manure there without Rooney & Giggs or Liverpool there without Torres & Gerrard or Arsenal there without Van Persie & Arshavin and I imagine that they would all struggle.

Calm down please and there is no point whatsoever in booing Mancini, Vieira, Ade, Toure or anyone. We could actually be the difference and if we don't back and instead moan at any opportunity it will only add to the pressure for OUR manager & OUR players

It's probably down to the fact we have seen City oh so close to actually achieving something so many times and been left shellshocked in the manner they have let it slip time and time again.

RACHACE said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Grumpy Old Men

Maybe, it's really frustrating having payed to go and support my team that I have to stand and listen to "shit", "fuk off back to Italy", "Get Hughes back" after any misplaced pass or substitution!!!

I agree.............and what's more it's the same clowns who wanted Hughes out because he "couldn't organize a defense" and was a "long ball merchant" they will never ever be happy!

I am glad that there are blues that have a balanced perspective on the current season, I woke up this morning thinking I was the only one who knew we were actually in 4th place in the premier league, on the way home I thought we had turned into Pompey or Sheffield Wednesday.

Was so angry due to frustration last night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.