Fans travelling to west ham.

liamctid said:
LongsightM13 said:
seemedownkippaxstreet said:
Hijacking this travel thread a bit, but where's usually good pub for drinking in beforehand?
Apparently the two main away-friendly pubs I've seen mentioned are The Denmark near the stadium and also the Spoons near East Ham tube

If you can, go to Liverpool Street first - best place to drink til the last minute (this goes for Spurs too)

Really?.. I'm coming through Liverpool street as that where my train is stopping.. what pub in Liverpool street way do you recommend, and will it be full of blues?

HarryNoton said:
first time going west ham. what line to use from euston?

Probably easiest to walk round to Euston Square (5 mins) and jump on the Hammersmith and City line direct to Upton Park (5 mins from there to ground)
Check out any engineering work on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.tfl.gov.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.tfl.gov.uk</a>

Tonster said:
HarryNoton said:
first time going west ham. what line to use from euston?

Probably easiest to walk round to Euston Square (5 mins) and jump on the Hammersmith and City line direct to Upton Park (5 mins from there to ground)
Check out any engineering work on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.tfl.gov.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tfl.gov.uk</a>

alright pal, cheers

Churchill123 said:
liamctid said:
LongsightM13 said:
Apparently the two main away-friendly pubs I've seen mentioned are The Denmark near the stadium and also the Spoons near East Ham tube

If you can, go to Liverpool Street first - best place to drink til the last minute (this goes for Spurs too)

Really?.. I'm coming through Liverpool street as that where my train is stopping.. what pub in Liverpool street way do you recommend, and will it be full of blues?

There's a big old Weatherspoons outside, and there's quite a few other pubs around the area. They'll be full of all sorts of fans - it's a popular place to frequent.

liamctid said:
Churchill123 said:
liamctid said:

There's a big old Weatherspoons outside, and there's quite a few other pubs around the area. They'll be full of all sorts of fans - it's a popular place to frequent.
Yeah, been to tat Wetherspons before a Spurs game, usually fans from all over the place in there

After the game you're better off going to East Ham rather than Plaistow.

1) It's slightly shorter by about 5 minutes.
2) It's easier to find as you stay on two main roads whereas Plaistow involves back streets.
3) You'll get the tube before it comes to Upton Park not after so it will be relatively empty rather than having to fight your way on.

liamctid said:
Churchill123 said:
liamctid said:

Might have to have a look then.. will have time to kill as i'll be getting an earlier train

Prestwich_Blue said:
After the game you're better off going to East Ham rather than Plaistow.

1) It's slightly shorter by about 5 minutes.
2) It's easier to find as you stay on two main roads whereas Plaistow involves back streets.
3) You'll get the tube before it comes to Upton Park not after so it will be relatively empty rather than having to fight your way on.
Directions, PB?

I got a right bargain. £12.00 Virgin ticket on Saturday morning and then National Express £7.00 coming back Sunday morning. Sweet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.