Fantasy Premier League - FPL 2023/24

How did you get on?
I had 2 free transfers, and I brought in Havertz (6) in for Gordon (0) as my 2nd. I was considering Eze (18) up until the end, but figured I should cover that base by having an ARS attacker (LOL hindsight!).

I was also a bit concerned beforehand that I had no LIV players at all, but once KDB was leaked to start, there was no way I was moving on him. I think I mentioned that my first transfer out was going to be Isak (14). That left me with Watkins (2), first on my bench, who did nothing (as I half expected after AV clinched Top 4 after City's match vs. Spurs.

The best thing I did then was my first transfer, and that was Mateta in for his 20 point haul.

That alone (in addition of course having Foden) allowed me to squeak out a 68-66 Blue Moon - Cup: Cup Title Win after an interesting GW31-38 winning streak!

I finished my first season of playing at 173K, which is fine for me after being back at 4M mid-season.
22nd in the Blue Moon - League too, I'll take it!

GW34's BB haul was a big key week. I finished on 2 slight red arrows at the end, but at one point I was going for top 1M, then that became 500K.. so the ride up to under 200K sure was fun.

Glad you finished well yesterday, and still enjoying the fun of a City 4 in a row streak, which cannot be underscored on what happened yesterday on the pitch.

Cheers!

Last edited:
TOMORROW is the final week we can play. You get 1 player from each team and may the BIG NORWEGIAN score to bring the EPL Championship home for the Blues! (not that I'm giving my captain away, unless I just did.. ;-)

Good luck Blues around the globe - 4 in a row EPL - let's do it!!
I was fortunate to win the final week of the FPL challenge too, 60-59 over Pique Blinders.

Key difference there was having Eze over Isak as the top scorer. Doughty's goal helped big too, though Pique had Onana in where he was on my bench like Doughty for that team.

I liked the final week format of only having 1 player per team, that made it pretty interesting. There was lots of overlap with Salah, Palmer, and Son, but other players had some interesting differentials (Haaland or Gvardiol, Olise or Eze, Havertz or White, etc.).

We'll see if FPL Challenge gains more traction next year, though the overall standings of the main FPL game makes that a much more involved game.

I had a decent season. 2360 points. A few bad weeks towards the end made me slip a bit, Saleh the biggest under achiever, but 82nd in the Bluemoon league is not bad. 573k overall.

First year I've done it seriously in ages.

I pretty much had the best players but just not all at the right time. And was shifting my cpt to players who would then have a shit week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.