Fantasy Premier League - FPL 2023/24

I've swapped out Rashford for Son.

They are similar value. Thoughts?
But their upcoming fixtures aren't similar. You may not regret GW05, but have you looked at GW06 and GW07 for the Spurs (Arse and Dippers) vs. the Rags (Burnley and Palace)?

I've heard from others that have played longer than me that Son is pretty streaky, so I'll be waiting to see what he's able to do over the next few weeks vs. possibly chasing last GW points if it is just a blip, despite his changed position on the pitch to the FWD.

Things look better for the Spurs starting GW08. You aren't alone in bringing in Son after the last game, that's without question.

All that said, I have neither player at this time.

Last edited:

Loads moving to Son, if he played 9 then could be good returns. SheffUtd home great fixture then two tough fixtures then run of good fixtures. Rashforr might benefit from Højlund though and they got good run of fixtures and no rotation options really

Did you do it at start of week?
If so Son might go up by 0.3 and Rashford down by 0.1 for sure, maybe 0.2

4DAE2CCF-9423-49CE-8A91-8AC3F8CEEB3F.jpeg

2CD4CF58-1332-49F0-84D9-385B1555271F.jpeg

I had been hoping on 0.2 gain on Højlund before game week but not looking likely now. Hopefully Jackson will drop in value tonight and blank at weekend

I had been hoping on 0.2 gain on Højlund before game week but not looking likely now. Hopefully Jackson will drop in value tonight and blank at weekend
0.2 rise for a player that has only played 23 minutes and hauled in a single point, with Jesus coming back, and other nailed options out there? That's quite a hope. He's not increasing until he does something. ;-)

Not even hat-trick Son jumped more than 0.1, and that was immediately the *day* after he pulled that off. Nothing since, and not surprised given the fixtures and a still-crowded affordable MIDfield.

Jackson has been flirting with the value drop nearly EVERY day over the International Break, but he apparently has 9 lives. :-)

With his upcoming fixtures, he's had a long time to think of all the points he cost Sterling and I last GW on that missed gimme over the post. I'm not budging with those fixtures, even if he goes down in value. His leash is shorter, TBF. ;-)

If he finally delivers, watch the knee-jerks back given his fixtures through GW08.

Last edited:
0.2 rise for a player that has only played 23 minutes and hauled in a single point, with Jesus coming back, and other nailed options out there? That's quite a hope. He's not increasing until he does something. ;-)

Not even hat-trick Son jumped more than 0.1, and that was immediately the *day* after he pulled that off. Nothing since, and not surprised given the fixtures and a still-crowded affordable MIDfield.

Jackson has been flirting with the value drop nearly EVERY day over the International Break, but he apparently has 9 lives. :-)

With his upcoming fixtures, he's had a long time to think of all the points he cost Sterling and I last GW on that missed gimme over the post. I'm not budging with those fixtures, even if he goes down in value. His leash is shorter, TBF. ;-)

If he finally delivers, watch the knee-jerks back given his fixtures through GW08.
Not sure what’s going on with Højlund price rises as he’s rising to 90% every day then dropping to 30% the next morning, his ownership is at 1% and with the rag fanboys adding him I suspect he won’t need to do anything for a price rise to occur. If he does bag a goal/ assist he will be heavily selected.

“He's not increasing until he does something. ;-)”
Is that not just chasing lost points if putting him in team after he scores heavily like folk have done with Sterling and Son”

Agree I’m unsure why Jackson hasn’t dropped in value tbh, he’s been over -100 several days this week. His expected goals is second best in league but he’s been a frustrating asset especially with 3 bookings in 4 matches, he’s almost at a suspension, yes expect he’ll score now this weekend but I also think Højlund will get decent returns.

Would you swap Ward-Prowse out for Salah for 4 point hit and captain Salah?
I’m considering this but also thinking wait until game week 9. I’m worried about Salah these next 2 game weeks but do t think it’s worth the 4 point hit if I can bench ward-prowse

Not sure what’s going on with Højlund price rises as he’s rising to 90% every day then dropping to 30% the next morning, his ownership is at 1% and with the rag fanboys adding him I suspect he won’t need to do anything for a price rise to occur. If he does bag a goal/ assist he will be heavily selected.

“He's not increasing until he does something. ;-)”
Is that not just chasing lost points if putting him in team after he scores heavily like folk have done with Sterling and Son”

I wasn't speaking of the points, I was speaking of his price rise. Agreed on a potential of lost points, but with BHA playing there this weekend and he didn't yet start last GW, I'm not yet sold on him. You got him on before he's done much of anything, and that may work out, it's just anticipating 1 or 2 price rises beforehand that time that I question.

Again, if Son only goes up 0.1 after a hat-trick haul as what has happened, I'm not sure why Hojlund is going to go up in price value (0.2 would be an amazing Rag influence I don't see) after not really showing anything yet.

Also, many Rags might already be maxed out on 3 players with Rashford, Fernandes, and Onana perhaps already taking all their spaces. Unless they are WCing or have 2 transfers, it would be hard to dump one of them AND add in FWD Hojlund too after last GW.

Agree I’m unsure why Jackson hasn’t dropped in value tbh, he’s been over -100 several days this week.

I laughed again overnight as he dodged the red line -100.7 value. Amazing. :-)

He'll probably drop by tonight or tomorrow once people start to make final selections for GW06, but it will be interesting to watch. I'm not yet losing money on him for the time I move him out.

His expected goals is second best in league but he’s been a frustrating asset especially with 3 bookings in 4 matches, he’s almost at a suspension, yes expect he’ll score now this weekend but I also think Højlund will get decent returns.

Would you swap Ward-Prowse out for Salah for 4 point hit and captain Salah?
I’m considering this but also thinking wait until game week 9. I’m worried about Salah these next 2 game weeks but do t think it’s worth the 4 point hit if I can bench ward-prowse
I dumped Salah after GW02 just like you did once I got his captain points. I'm not going to bring him back unless he really steps up, and it could happen over these next run of good fixtures until GW07 (away Spurs) and GW08 (away BHA).

I like my team a lot better with No Salah with all that cash freed up to improve players across the board. Also, on general principal I don't and haven't taken point hits, especially if it is a WANT vs. a NEED. Ward-Prowse has some tough fixtures the next 2 weeks, but he's playing on set pieces, so I'd either bench or ride him one more and maybe take action next week for free if he doesn't work out vs. City.

Ultimately, you need Salah to score +4 over JWP over the period to make it pay off in the positive if you took a hit this week, so I'll be interested in what you decide. ;-)

Last edited:
Ward-Prowse has some tough fixtures the next 2 weeks, but he's playing on set pieces, so I'd either bench or ride him one more and maybe take action next week for free if he doesn't work out vs. City.

Ultimately, you need Salah to score +4 over JWP over the period to make it pay off in the positive if you took a hit this week, so I'll be interested in what you decide. ;-)
So with all of that said, if you listen to the latest FPL Pod released today, former Man City great defender from 2004–2012 Nedum Onuoha (guest on the podcast) said JWP might be the key to the West Ham attack this week and that's who he's going with for the same reasons I noted (set pieces, potential assists to Bowen and Antonio).

Check it out starting at 36 minutes into the podcast.

So with all of that said, if you listen to the latest FPL Pod released today, former Man City great defender from 2004–2012 Nedum Onuoha (guest on the podcast) said JWP might be the key to the West Ham attack this week and that's who he's going with for the same reasons I noted (set pieces, potential assists to Bowen and Antonio).

Check it out starting at 36 minutes into the podcast.

Interesting, I’ve decided I’m not going to add Salah yet, fingers crossed for a 0v1 loss versus Wolves ;)

It’s not only do I need Salah to score plus four more than JWP but more than the player I select in starting 11 if I bench JWP. Will watch the early kick off behind closed fingers, shame Salah wasn’t sold to Saudi really

Oh and Jackson already at a negative score but not going to drop in price, something dodgy going on I reckon

Oh and Jackson already at a negative score but not going to drop in price, something dodgy going on I reckon
It's easy for me to see his negative score right before the price changes as it is 9:30pm EDT for me. I don't expect most in the UK to see the magic behind the curtain at 2:30am BST.

I'll be sure to give out a BEFORE/AFTER score (it's at -100.4 at this time). Could this be the night?! :-)

It's easy for me to see his negative score right before the price changes as it is 9:30pm EDT for me. I don't expect most in the UK to see the magic behind the curtain at 2:30am BST.

I'll be sure to give out a BEFORE/AFTER score (it's at -100.4 at this time). Could this be the night?! :-)
Can you tell me Højlund, Areola, Maddison, Son and Mbeumo aswell please, interested to see what they get to at 2:30 AM

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.