Fantasy Premier League - FPL 2023/24

Haaland hatrick I reckon, but is it worth the risk to treble captain or wait for double gameweek? After he’s missed so many chances last few games he’s due one where he clicks

Haaland hatrick I reckon, but is it worth the risk to treble captain or wait for double gameweek? After he’s missed so many chances last few games he’s due one where he clicks
I think I save my triple captain choice to a double gameweek... it will come. But saying that it also feels like Haaland will chunk in loads of goals soon since he seems frustrated of all misses.

Thoughts on Gordon as a cheap way into the Newcastle attack? Only 5.5m, good fixtures and a big differential.
I don't think anyone is sure who will be nailed for Newcastle on offense, including Gordon.

I don't dislike the pick, but I sure as heck won't be going FWD or MIDs on ANY Newcastle anytime soon with so many other better options out there, especially for a MID. Given Newcastle has major competion in UCL, it's anyone's guess who Howe plays when given the group they are in too.

Are you trying to bring on the Egyptian King too, and Gordon helps you get there? ;-)

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is sure who will be nailed for Newcastle on offense, including Gordon.

I don't dislike the pick, but I sure as heck won't be going FWD or MIDs on ANY Newcastle anytime soon with so many other better options out there, especially for a MID.

Are you trying to bring on the Egyptian King too, and Gordon helps you get there? ;-)
Egyptian king? Sniff, sniff, I might be, hahaha.

I scored above average last week.
Salah saved the day. Bernardo injured, I don't know if i should pick Foden or Doku. High chance Ake will be on bench too.
If I had your team, I'd pick Doku for the immediate term.

With Grealish out, I think he'll play the next few weeks for sure. No guarantees he does when Jack is back fit and the roulette wheel spins again, but it buys you time against good fixtures with a very promising (not raw!) City player who has a great potential to score.

It's just so boring having Haaland as captain with everyone else in the league ever week!
There will be weeks to go against the grain, but I don't think GW06 is it given the fixture.

GW02 and GW05 were with Salah and a few others (but statistically expected? only Salah was close #s wise in each instance).

Those who captained Son last week dodged a major bullet if Areola hadn't pulled off those keeper heroics to keep Haaland's #s down. I don't have a feeling a home game vs. NFO is a time to tempt fate.

Alvarez rises for the 2nd time this week. A bit surprised that Botman rose, only because he wasn't listed on the site as a heavy riser, but that was probably a mistake on the site's part as everyone is loading up on Newcastle defenders.

Højlund rises 0.1, so there you go, Madchester - don't spend it all at once! ;-)

GK Onana to Sanchez appears to be a popular move. That UCL midweek match was probably the final straw for some.

Chilwell drops on a single benching - let's just see who starts this weekend. On my bench for now (bigger fires to deal with), but there's still time...

Risers (6)​

NameTeamPositionOwnershipPriceForm
SanchezChelseaGoalkeeper5.9%£4.6+£0.16.0
J.AlvarezMan CityForward23.9%£6.9+£0.28.3
HøjlundMan UtdForward3.4%£7.1+£0.11.0
BotmanNewcastleDefender16.4%£4.6+£0.13.7
RomeroSpursDefender16.0%£4.8+£0.15.3
Ward-ProwseWest HamMidfielder8.9%£6.2+£0.16.7

Fallers (14)​

ThomasArsenalMidfielder0.2%£4.8-£0.10.3
Diego CarlosAston VillaDefender0.3%£4.4-£0.11.0
MarchBrightonMidfielder8.6%£6.5-£0.11.7
EkdalBurnleyDefender0.1%£3.9-£0.10.0
CaicedoChelseaMidfielder2.0%£4.8-£0.11.7
ChilwellChelseaDefender30.0%£5.7-£0.12.3
CucurellaChelseaDefender0.4%£4.8-£0.10.0
MudrykChelseaMidfielder0.8%£6.3-£0.11.0
LermaCrystal PalaceMidfielder0.2%£4.8-£0.11.3
OliseCrystal PalaceMidfielder0.1%£5.8-£0.10.0
DoakLiverpoolMidfielder0.1%£4.4-£0.10.0
PhillipsMan CityMidfielder0.0%£4.8-£0.10.3
OnanaMan UtdGoalkeeper22.2%£4.9-£0.10.7
EganSheffield UtdDefender0.1%£4.4-£0.10.3

Alvarez rises for the 2nd time this week. A bit surprised that Botman rose, only because he wasn't listed on the site as a heavy riser, but that was probably a mistake on the site's part as everyone is loading up on Newcastle defenders.

Højlund rises 0.1, so there you go, Madchester - don't spend it all at once! ;-)

GK Onana to Sanchez appears to be a popular move. That UCL midweek match was probably the final straw for some.

Chilwell drops on a single benching - let's just see who starts this weekend. On my bench for now (bigger fires to deal with), but there's still time...

Risers (6)​

SanchezChelseaGoalkeeper5.9%£4.6+£0.16.0
J.AlvarezMan CityForward23.9%£6.9+£0.28.3
HøjlundMan UtdForward3.4%£7.1+£0.11.0
BotmanNewcastleDefender16.4%£4.6+£0.13.7
RomeroSpursDefender16.0%£4.8+£0.15.3
Ward-ProwseWest HamMidfielder8.9%£6.2+£0.16.7

Fallers (14)​

ThomasArsenalMidfielder0.2%£4.8-£0.10.3
Diego CarlosAston VillaDefender0.3%£4.4-£0.11.0
MarchBrightonMidfielder8.6%£6.5-£0.11.7
EkdalBurnleyDefender0.1%£3.9-£0.10.0
CaicedoChelseaMidfielder2.0%£4.8-£0.11.7
ChilwellChelseaDefender30.0%£5.7-£0.12.3
CucurellaChelseaDefender0.4%£4.8-£0.10.0
MudrykChelseaMidfielder0.8%£6.3-£0.11.0
LermaCrystal PalaceMidfielder0.2%£4.8-£0.11.3
OliseCrystal PalaceMidfielder0.1%£5.8-£0.10.0
DoakLiverpoolMidfielder0.1%£4.4-£0.10.0
PhillipsMan CityMidfielder0.0%£4.8-£0.10.3
OnanaMan UtdGoalkeeper22.2%£4.9-£0.10.7
EganSheffield UtdDefender0.1%£4.4-£0.10.3
Was very surprised to see Botman rise, if I remember correctly he was at 40% at midnight but was showing 3 arrows. Chilwell is statistically still the second ranked for GI, he has 3 big fixtures coming up then his fate will be decided.
Good to see Højlund (finally), Alvarez and JWP rise.

I bit the bullet and went for an 8 point hit this week, which seems a little like madness, but hey that’s my username and I’m a risk taker.

Turner > Flekken (if Flekken gets cleansheet and Turner doesn’t this is essentially a free transfer) my other option is Areola who won’t get clean sheet vs dippers, if he does I’m happy anyway. Flekken and Areola rotate well.
Maddison > Salah (long term transfer and wanted to pocket 0.2M) this could end up being a big mistake but his next two fixtures are awful
Rodri > Doku (he gets me excited and gives me an excuse to cheer even louder for him tomorrow if selected)

Leaves me with 0.4 in bank for next week but team value drops to 103.0 after removing Maddison
C6192458-5978-480D-8201-05847A0F1D65.jpeg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.