FAO all scottish city fans

The Ledge said:
stirlingblue said:
For anybody serious about going down for games from the Central Belt it really isn't that difficult or neccesarily expensive. Myself and my son were down for the Wolves game and total cost for both was £37 return fom Glasgow 'anytime return' (with family and friends railcard) Left Stirling at 9 am, couple of beers before the game, did the Poznan 4 times ha!, and arrived back in Stirling 10 pm and home in time for MOD.
Whilst I would happily support a mini bus scenario it is doubtful I would do it any cheaper than I already do. A fair few Blues on the train as well.
Used to drive all the time but this beats it by a country mile IMO. It will get even better next season when the Metrolink is finished.

...interesting. Travelling by train would be my favourite, especially with how easy it is for me to get to Waverley and would mean the beers could flow. My problem is that I'd probably be paying for a six year old and a seventeen year old as well meaning that the travelling costs may be quite significant. Driving down is definitely the most economical for me although I'm not a fan of driving long distances and means the I have to remain teetotal - yeurch!

I'd be interested to hear of those who travel down from Waverley and back in a day?

Keep those e-mails coming as we now have 6 members of the MCFC Scotland Google Group.

Waverley is good for Sundays only.On a Saturday.You get down easily enough on the 9.22 coming back though you get a train to York then from there to Edinburgh.

bennyboy said:
The Ledge said:
...interesting. Travelling by train would be my favourite, especially with how easy it is for me to get to Waverley and would mean the beers could flow. My problem is that I'd probably be paying for a six year old and a seventeen year old as well meaning that the travelling costs may be quite significant. Driving down is definitely the most economical for me although I'm not a fan of driving long distances and means the I have to remain teetotal - yeurch!

I'd be interested to hear of those who travel down from Waverley and back in a day?

Keep those e-mails coming as we now have 6 members of the MCFC Scotland Google Group.

Waverley is good for Sundays only.On a Saturday.You get down easily enough on the 9.22 coming back though you get a train to York then from there to Edinburgh.
Benny
can you elaborate .. I think I am being thick here
what are the Saturday times?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.buytickets.tpexpress.co.uk/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.buytickets.tpexpress.co.uk/c ... =TimeTable</a>

9.22 Straight to manchester.
Return take your pick all costly change at York.
Glasgow Central a lot cheaper and easier.

dundeemcfc said:
its on bbc2 up here on tuesday tony so i,d imagine pretty much every pub will have it on
I wouldn't be too sure as Ayr v Hibernian is on Sky tonight.

Best go for a big pub with multiple screens such as the Three Sisters on Cowgate.

I have used the mega bus to go down before but that is leaving dundee about half 6 saying that any train from here would be about then for a good drinking sesh in Manchester before the games.

what about all the edinburgh based blues meeting up 4 the next game on the telly,having a bevy and taking it from there

next live game is on Saturday obviously .. anyone got any thoughts?
I will be at Hearts v Rangers so (hopefully) might be a bit smashed bu ko time

I was gonna ask if someone wanted to meet up in a Glasgow pub for the Villa game but then I remembered how utterly skint I am!

It'll be an online stream in the house for me. Which is alright :)

Perhaps another time...

big dougs said:
what about all the edinburgh based blues meeting up 4 the next game on the telly,having a bevy and taking it from there

I'd be up for that sometime. I live in South Queensferry so anywhere near Haymarket/Waverley is perfect for me as I'll come in on the train. I agree that meeting up would be a great start for getting the ball rolling regards taking a game in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.