fat ism

goose72 said:
pee dubyas crayons said:
Fat ism is no better or worse than racism.

Each one can cause offense.

A fat bastard might be more offended by the term fat bastard than a Pakistani would be at being called a p***.

The two, along with sexism and ageism, are all on an equal footing.

If you ban Ron Atkinson for his comments, you must ban people who make similarly insulting comments about peoples weight.

Or ban neither (which is what I would be in favour of).

What utter nonsense! Do fat people have a history of slavery and cold-blooded murder attached to their CHOICE to eat too much? Were fat people systematically chained up, loaded onto ships and taken from their families to the other side of the world to pick cotton (maybe they should have been – could have lost a bit of weight while they were fed subsistence rations on the journey)? Have fat people been told they can’t live in certain areas, attend certain schools or ride certain buses?

I may have missed something in my understanding of recent civil rights struggles, so by all means set me straight if, in fact, the historical subjugation of the big boned is something of a blind spot. Can’t see it though – let’s face it they wouldn’t have the energy for a Stonewall, and they can hardly do a Rosa Parks on the bus when they need the whole back seat anyway...

That post is legendary. I literally laughed out loud, particularly the last sentence.

i wouldn't worry. according to bb2 im fat because i disagree with his tubthumbing post (no pun intended) it seems that to disagree with our brooklands, you are to be the core audience of his 'attack'. we are not free thinkers we are simply offended because we are overweight. like ive said to good 'ol bb2, he should run for a constituancy in his town and see how far he gets whilst ignoring his core audience... i actually did say his post was tongue in cheek but he was blissfully unaware of that and accused me of being 'chunky'

ignorance.. much?

very contradictionary

stu x

smudgedj said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
why dont fat people have to pay more when flying?

I have to pay more if my luggage is over my alllowance but some 18 stone guy and his 15 stone wife pay no extra??

On a serious note they are thinking of doing this. You will have, say, a maximum weight limit of 115kg which includes your body weight and luggage.
This is proper frightening the morbidly obese will only be able to take a few thongs or bikinis on holiday with them. But on the positive side it will put me off eating when they are around.

aaaaaaagh the thought!!!!

ibennett63 said:
smudgedj said:
On a serious note they are thinking of doing this. You will have, say, a maximum weight limit of 115kg which includes your body weight and luggage.
This is proper frightening the morbidly obese will only be able to take a few thongs or bikinis on holiday with them. But on the positive side it will put me off eating when they are around.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Your silence was deafening on this one, BB2.

I wonder why?

No silence on it as it was trash, those that no me and my family know the score, you I could not give a flying one about sonny jim/

hahahahahaha

I think we'll call that "rumbled".

A word to the wise...if you go about giving it the "big one"on the internet, make sure you've not posted pictures of yourself.

Manchester's not that big.

I do know you

As I said originally...you look fuck all, earn fuck all and are fuck all.

hahahahahaha

Didsbury Dave said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
No silence on it as it was trash, those that no me and my family know the score, you I could not give a flying one about sonny jim/

hahahahahaha

I think we'll call that "rumbled".

A word to the wise...if you go about giving it the "big one"on the internet, make sure you've not posted pictures of yourself.

Manchester's not that big.

I do know you

As I said originally...you look fuck all, earn fuck all and are fuck all.

hahahahahaha

yawn..... I have posted pictures of me on here you pathetic idiot so it's hardly a big secret who I am....also as the owner and one of the mods know me personally I am not giving it the big one. You are a nobody, and I would not associate with you or anyone you know....so off you pop.

**edit I'b very careful if I was you, I know where you're coming from now.

aphex said:
i wouldn't worry. according to bb2 im fat because i disagree with his tubthumbing post (no pun intended) it seems that to disagree with our brooklands, you are to be the core audience of his 'attack'. we are not free thinkers we are simply offended because we are overweight. like ive said to good 'ol bb2, he should run for a constituancy in his town and see how far he gets whilst ignoring his core audience... i actually did say his post was tongue in cheek but he was blissfully unaware of that and accused me of being 'chunky'

ignorance.. much?

very contradictionary

stu x

Stu, it's not that I think you're fat, I know you're not at all. The reason why I took offence was that you assumed I was attacking fat people per se, rather than the culture of blame that now exists.

I don't know why, but when I read one of BB2.0 self-aggrandising posts, I always get a picture of Graham Lister from the Reeves & Mortimer show going on about "I know dentists and solicitors I'll have you know, you workshy fop"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgx18W37AU0[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.