Fav sweets and drinks as a kid

Chocolate limes,
Blackcurrant & Licorice.
and those Toffee pillow shaped things never knew thier name just pointed and said 2 oz of them please.

2ir5dzk.jpg

Wow - always thought I wasn't a sweet toothed kid then read this !!!!! Such memories - Kayli - oh yeah !!

Glad cream soda finally gets a mention............. what about Cresta ( its frothy man ) - had 3 of them in one afternoon and puked my fucking ring up.... put me off blackcurrant flavoured things for ages. And old Jamaica tobacco was the way they diagnosed my coconut allergy ...... great childhood memories ta fella's

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
As a kid in the 1960's and early 70's I used to love Aztec bars, and Toffee Crisps with plain chocolate in the blue wrapper, also Old Jamaica. Gypsie Creams were my favourite biscuit and Ben Shaws American Cream Soda pop was brilliant.

aztec bars had a very short life. a bit so so iirc. wasn't surprised when they were pulled.

anyone remember the tiffin?

foxy said:
burtonsfishandchips.jpg

3494201585_201ed7eef9.jpg
[/quote

Good old days when Chewits were ten pence along with Polos and Curly Wurly

I was quite fond of mints back in the day, polos, Murray Mints and Humbugs were always good.

Growing up I was surprised how many old biddies had a paper bag full of boiled sweets, it was like every other biddy had a stash

TCIB said:
Crouchinho said:
Shit man there was too much to choose from. It's hard to have a absolute favourite

For a 10p mix up the fizzy cola bottles were my favourites

For mini lollies or penny chews it was Drumstick all day long

For them cheapo bars it was also Wham with Irn Bru a close second

Regular sweets I was partial to fruit pastles, wine gums and opal fruits

You can tell you're getting old when you no longer eat sweets and now your favourite flavour crisps is shitty Ready Salted

Hahaha so true crouchy, yeah fruit pastles were spot on, purple ones were best imo.
They don't even do penny chews now do they, apple jacks were great.

I wouldn't have a clue mate, I'm guessing it would be something daft like 2-5p per chew

I couldn't get enough of these.....luckily you can still get the star bars!!!!

rowntree_toffo_fruit.jpg

star-bar.jpg

54321%20Chocolate.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.