Favourite away day pubs

Also I’ve had a few in the general smuts at the same ground. Always a good away do QPR.

Also I’ve had a few in the general smuts at the same ground. Always a good away do QPR.
The Moon On The Green was always good(not been to Loftus Road since the 90s, so probably a different name now)
Wetherspoons pubs can be quite' samey ' I know, but it always seemed a good atmosphere there and was always rammed full of blues.

The howard or the frog and parrot in Sheffield.

Used to be a great pub far side of Trent bridge cricket ground we used to go when we played either Notts team can't remember what it was called.

The fernhurst Blackburn has played host to some mad scenes involving city fans.
Frog and Parrot is a great pub in Sheffield City centre , the pub in Nottingham near the cricket ground is the Larwood & Voce

It's a difficult one for me as I have been living in Coventry, Leicester, and Edinburgh for over 40 years, and have not been to many away matches over that time, apart at Wembley. Most of the pub names are lost in the mists of time apart from the Strawberry in Newcastle and the Prospect of Whitby in Wapping.

I went to the cup tie at Norwich a few years back but was driving so never made it to a pub. I assume that pubs in Coventry and Leicester will be disallowed so that's the Earlsdon Cottage and the Albany out!

I have been to a Newcastle match recently but my daughter lives in the Newcastle area. We went to the Duke of Northumberland after the match. I don't suppose that the Diamond in Ponteland will count although we did stay there after the Newcastle match.

I did go to the Champions League match at Celtic, but have worked in Glasgow for the last 25 years so I assume that the likes of the Horseshoe, the Atholl, and Waxy O'Connors will not count. My favourite bar was Dow Jones in Buchanan Street was demolished some years back as part of a shopping development. Strangely, it was, historically, a Clyde FC supporters bar despite the fact that Clyde orinally played 4 miles away in Rutherglan and more recently have played at Cumbernauld 22 miles away.
Ever try the Lin' a Dee is Rutherglen? That's where my mum is from and my cousin used run it on the Main Street.

I've been going in the taxi club for EFC and LFC games for about 15 years

It's obviously a lot quieter for Liverpool games and hammered for Everton games

The only trouble I've seen in 15 years was last season when a load of LFC bellends turned up as they must have got wind it was full of city. Got a feeling that will happen again next time we go to Anfield
Its always been rammed with Evertonians when ive been in , ive missed the last three seasons at Goodison the lad who used to get me tickets passed away , used to go in the Caledoniian for the Liverpool games but recently there's been some bother ,mainly because the rivalry has stepped up a few gears but i find Everton and Liverpool fans in general are like chalk and cheese.

I spent a decade down in Nottingham, can you remember if it was a small long pub that looked out onto the Square (The Bell Inn), the one under Nottingham Castle with rooms hewn into the Clifface (Ye Olde trip to Jerusalem) or if it was a Rock pub, could be 'Ye Olde Salutation' I think all 3 argue that they are the oldest bars in town.
Blimey, you’ve done it now, the only other things I can remember about the pub was it claimed to be the oldest in Nottingham, with some reference to a certain R Hood, oh and Scarrott nipped in for a mooch with some of his buddies

Blimey, you’ve done it now, the only other things I can remember about the pub was it claimed to be the oldest in Nottingham, with some reference to a certain R Hood, oh and Scarrott nipped in for a mooch with some of his buddies

They are all good pubs so you won't have gone wrong :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.