Favourite curry

Butter chicken is OK mate, it's an authentic curry eaten in India, korma isn't. Korma was dreamt up to appease non spice Brits and soft arse fannies, like you; )
Two minutes on that internet thingy led me to this.

Korma has its roots in the Mughlai cuisine of the Indian subcontinent. A characteristic Mughal dish, it can be traced back to the 16th century and to the Mughal expansion into South Asia.

You might be thinking of Tikka Masala which was the invention of a curry chef in Great Britain probably in the 70's.

Two minutes on that internet thingy led me to this.

Korma has its roots in the Mughlai cuisine of the Indian subcontinent. A characteristic Mughal dish, it can be traced back to the 16th century and to the Mughal expansion into South Asia.

You might be thinking of Tikka Masala which was the invention of a curry chef in Great Britain probably in the 70's.
Yeah. @Alan Harper's Tash corrected me on the origin of korma, pal. Tikka Masala was dreamt up in a Glasgow curry house whilst the Balti was invented in Birmingham. I once had a Balti just up the street from The Old Crown pub in Birmingham, the waiter claimed his grandad invented it in the restaurant, but several Birmingham curry houses have made the same claim. Was delicious though.

I used to believe my resistance to chilli heat was comparatively high. That was until I was foolish enough to participate in last year's annual curry challenge hosted by Manchester restaurant, Zouk (see video below). Having managed to polish off about half the dish, I began to feel seriously ill and was unable to continue. Around half an hour later, the pain was so intense, I was seriously considering a trip to A&E. Suffice to say, that night I felt it's passage through every twist and turn of my gut and the least said about the following morning the better! Lesson learned.

Travel round the country a fair bit ( truck driver ) , so when I’m round the West Midlands / Black Country they have what they call Desi houses which are basically old pubs with an open kitchen .
I frequent one in Oldbury called the British Queen run by Sikhs .
Plenty of screens for the footy , beer right price and really friendly people and the food is to die for .
If the baggies get promoted it’s definitely the pre match meet up place .

Travel round the country a fair bit ( truck driver ) , so when I’m round the West Midlands / Black Country they have what they call Desi houses which are basically old pubs with an open kitchen .
I frequent one in Oldbury called the British Queen run by Sikhs .
Plenty of screens for the footy , beer right price and really friendly people and the food is to die for .
If the baggies get promoted it’s definitely the pre match meet up place .
Brother lives in Oldbury, going down in a couple of weeks, will try it.
My fave is Chicken Tikka Samber with lemon pilau rice...
Work with an Indian fella, his wife makes some cracking curries, especially a Byrianni, chick drumsticks and the rice n spices are beautiful...not a lot of sauce, but sooo moist.
Keep threatening to get him deported so I can marry his wife n have her curries every day.. they are on a totally different planet to restaurant curries..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.