Favourite European teams

None now, as a kid tho, it was more to do with great players. Maradona at napoli, the Dutch trio at Milan

Porto - some good friends are from Oporto and supporters, have been over to a few games, saw them win the EL in Dublin, have a big soft spot for them.
Juventus - loved their 80s and 90s teams, had most of my favourite players as a kid.
Bilbao - huge respect for their ethos as a club, that they limit themselves to only players with Basque roots or heritage but are still among the best in Spain.
Lech Poznan - crazy bastards.
Real Betis - spent a lot of time in Sevilla in years past with work and had a season ticket, play great football, fans are amazing.
MTK Budapest - working abroad again, this lot are fucking mental. Hungarian league football is something everyone should experience.
Barca - beat the rags in two CL finals, cheers lads.

The best City fanzine, IMHO, of course, though I’m sure @Mad Eyed Screamer will agree with me, Blueprint, ran a series on European cities' second - and sometimes third - teams, so I always keep an eye out for 1860 München (we’ve since been to see them), St Pauli, Atletico Madrid, Español, Internazionale, Lazio, etc.

But my favourite foreign team is Hertha Berlin. On my first visit to that great city, I was staying on the same street as the club's bar - Hertha was in 2. Bundesliga at the time and rather small-time in its outlook - and I went in there for a drink one evening.

I couldn’t speak any German at the time, but I seem to remember having an interesting night.
I remember the feature, I've still got a few old Blueprint, Bert Trautman's Helmet, King of the Kippax and When Saturday Comes in boxes in the attic - might even be worth something.

Koln, Montpellier.

Mates who live in both cities who fol them.

I remember the feature, I've still got a few old Blueprint, Bert Trautman's Helmet, King of the Kippax and When Saturday Comes in boxes in the attic - might even be worth something.

I think I have every Blueprint, apart from issue 2.

I bought a few KotK as well, but they have since departed.

Dortmund after going to watch them last year but then I was always intrigued by them because of their kit and the fact that they always had a bigger average attendance than the World’s Biggest Club.

We stayed in Köln and now I have a soft spot for them as well.

Atlético Madrid again because of their kit and them beating United in 1991.

Sampdoria who wear the best kit in World football.

Hibernian mostly because of Irvine Welsh.

Forgot to mention Porto, a great underdog with some good players when I was a kid.

Quite like Atletico Madrid under Simeone, really passionate team.

Also keep an eye out for Boca as an Argentinian family friend gave me a shirt when I was a kid, and remember Tevez coming through there. He's one of my favourite ever players, hence the username.

Inter Milan as like City they were in the shadow of their neighbours. Even been to see them play against Bari when Platt played for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.