favourite opposition fans

WestHamAirdrie said:
West Ham fan here...

My mate whos a City fan pointed this out to me and thought I'd comment.

Had never been to Manchester until 2 seasons ago (The Sunday game you beat us 2-1) my impression was that City fans would be gloryhunting snob types but was totally wrong ended up in the printworks before the game and started chatting to some City fans all of them were really sound with us ended up meeting with them after the game.
Spent the night drinking away in the pub listening to some of Manchesters best bands & hearing from the City lads about the old Maine road etc & even got a singsong about how Spurs & United are wankers.
Top night...had bags of respect for City ever since.

Also the full day/night I was in Manchester I met 1 supporter of United (who wasn't from Manchester funnily enough) guy was a total cockend...laughed my bollocks off when you done them for the title last year.

Thank fuck that misconception has been changed. You couldn't be any more wrong. We're long suffering types with gallows humour inside regardless of our recent success. Nearly any Blue you meet with be alright with you providing you give them the same courtesy.

Now, do you wear a flat cap, eat Pie & Mash for tea and know all the words to Knees up Mother Brown?

texas pete said:
Zabbasbeard said:
texas pete said:
Remember going to Pride Park years ago. Think it was a 1-1 draw, Steve Howey header? Greet atmosphere, they sang all the way through HT IIRC.

Hull took 1,500 to Torquay on a Tuesday night a few years back. That deserves respect!

Sunderland/Newcastle both good.

Recall Bradford city brigning a huge mob 15/16 years ago, league & cup game in close succession.

Doncaster took 600 to Hartlepool on Saturday.

Heard Bury take a good following away?

Everton are good numbers wise but do not sing and sit.

Where did you get those Stats from?

Derby 1-1. Remember that 2000/2001. We got taken by bus to a pub where it was City fans only then made our way by bus again to the ground. Mint!

Great atmosphere then and when we went in their bad season in 2007/8. 1-1 draw we were garbage and were lucky to get anything. Great atmosphere and banter with Derby who never stopped. Great support.

Wish clubs like Derby, both Sheffields, Forest, Leicester even were back up (plus I live near 'em all now!).
they were good in the

Read about Hull years ago. As for the Doncaster/Hartlepool game, I read about that this morning (the report was about crowd trouble that happened there).

The ones that stick in my head are the one where I think they must be mad! Sunderland played at Pompey a few years back (under Sbargia I think) and took 1,100 on a Monday night.

Us taking 2,800 to Elm Park on a Tuesday night(?) always sticks in my head, getting hammered 3-0 in 96/97(?).

Hamburg asked for 6k at our place for the Europa quarter.
Went to the Reading match and there probably was that amount of City fans. Never done many away matches probably about 2 or 3 a season but a mate mine phoned me in the morning of the game asking if I was going. We knew we were heading for relegation to the 3rd division and wanted to support the team. Took the afternoon off work and drove down there. Reading had lost 9 on the bounce but scored after about 5 mins and trounced us 3 nil. I don't think they won another game that season and like us were relegated. A truely miserable day out but the City fans were impressive with their support.

West Ham & Forest........................stoke fans impressed me after the Cup Final too.

I saw Witton Albion today against Whitby Town and Whitby brought 6 fans.

I take my hat off to them - that is an awful long way to travel to see your left back slice the decisive goal into his own net.

Other than Whitby Town - hats off to Norwich City - even their closest away game is about 500 miles.

Same for me hammers fans top guys . Had a good drink and chat with a load of them day after cup final , they were going to Wigan , they knew they were going down . Great fans . Had many a good trip to west ham

This from wba fan on twitter

Rob Spray ‏@TheSprayMaker
Man city fans best I've cin at the hawthorns. Yaya kolo toure song is class #wbafc #MCFC lucky bastards 2 win though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.