favourite opposition fans

Any who are there to support their team in a friendly way. the louder and madder the better.

OB1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Always be West Ham for me, proper fans and football club.

Doesn't matter if in London or abroad, they always have a good word to say about us and know their football, unlike Arsenal and Spurs, who think their shit somehow smells sweeter.

Remember visiting Upton Park for the first time in early 90s and thinking it felt like being at City.

Same here. Mind you, my best man was (and still is) a WHU fan. In fact I have a few good friends who are Hammers.

My best man (and still is too!) is an Evertonian. Well, no one is perfect are they! I put up with him talking about Everton in the 1980s when they won the title and FA Cup, and he's always known that I don't like Everton, but he's laid back enough to put that to one side. All credit to him! He's a top bloke.

I agree with him that Everton would have won the European Cup had it not been for their neighbours at Heysel. Much as I don't care for Everton I think they got a raw deal over that.

Zabbasbeard said:
OB1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Always be West Ham for me, proper fans and football club.

Doesn't matter if in London or abroad, they always have a good word to say about us and know their football, unlike Arsenal and Spurs, who think their shit somehow smells sweeter.

Remember visiting Upton Park for the first time in early 90s and thinking it felt like being at City.

Same here. Mind you, my best man was (and still is) a WHU fan. In fact I have a few good friends who are Hammers.

My best man (and still is too!) is an Evertonian. Well, no one is perfect are they! I put up with him talking about Everton in the 1980s when they won the title and FA Cup, and he's always known that I don't like Everton, but he's laid back enough to put that to one side. All credit to him! He's a top bloke.

I agree with him that Everton would have won the European Cup had it not been for their neighbours at Heysel. Much as I don't care for Everton I think they got a raw deal over that.
We would have Steau won it that year, hard pill to swallow. Then again Everton are the most unlucky team in the land.

Won the league WW1
Won the league again WW2
Won the league banned from Europe

Safe to say next time we win the league prepare for a disaster to happen!

ImBlue said:
Zabbasbeard said:
OB1 said:

We would have Steau won it that year, hard pill to swallow. Then again Everton are the most unlucky team in the land.

Won the league WW1
Won the league again WW2

Don't worry. That won't be for a long time.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

cheddar404 said:
ImBlue said:
Zabbasbeard said:

Won the league WW1
Won the league again WW2

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

And....Everton won the League in 1970 - Tory govt elected soon after!
(even if it was only Ted Heath)

Bit of politics there for yer...

One can only conclude that Everton winning the League must be bad for peace loving liberals...

City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
salfordpaul said:
after travelling home and away for many yrs watching city i have my favourites for the place/ground and craic.

west ham- similar to us, great fans

newcastle - great memories-very knowledgable fans

not too keen on midland teams-but looking forward to sampling reading and southampton never been to them as yet.

who are your faves and why

I remember returning to my car after a slightly fortuitous victory for City at Newcastle in the League Cup around December 1994. Everybody was in high spirits until we saw the number of Cty fans shovelling glass out of their vehicles.
Trust me, when you've driven back from Newcastle without a windscreen in minus temperatures your attitude towards the Geordie nation is slightly negative.
I'm not saying that City fans are angels, but it's all subjective.

Anyone remember being in the Magpie pub before the cup game in 1969 .... we got a right kicking

ImBlue said:
Zabbasbeard said:
OB1 said:

Won the league WW1
Won the league again WW2

Steaua Bucharest 0-0 Barcelona AET (Steau won on pens which iswhat they played for)...definitely the worst Champs Cup/Lge Final ever...not even Juve v Milan at the Sty was as bad as that.

Gotta be notingham forest, did the female pen pal scam in the late 70s.When you doing the away games as well as home, got fed up being chased out of town after match.We use to arrive for opening time when I lived in preston.
Met a couple of the female ones, after advertising in their match program, ended up having 5 kids to one of them.Those were days when notingham was a hot bed for a night out, with stories of 3 to 4 girls to every guy...ha ha bullshit really but great weekend.
Many a blue of the day knew about that place.
But to OP in the way it was meant.....eh.... werder bremen away pre season, after the infamous defeat to spurs in fa cup final.We got hammered 8-0 ...then drew at psv eindhoven couple days later 1-1.Mini bus with witworth park blue and his mates, great blues.....memories

cheddar404 said:
ImBlue said:
Zabbasbeard said:

Won the league WW1
Won the league again WW2

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Hey I remember you lot going half a season without a home win not so long ago so anything is possible! Haha (last game you won was us New Years day, Samaras the b*stard!)

West Ham fan here...

My mate whos a City fan pointed this out to me and thought I'd comment.

Had never been to Manchester until 2 seasons ago (The Sunday game you beat us 2-1) my impression was that City fans would be gloryhunting snob types but was totally wrong ended up in the printworks before the game and started chatting to some City fans all of them were really sound with us ended up meeting with them after the game.
Spent the night drinking away in the pub listening to some of Manchesters best bands & hearing from the City lads about the old Maine road etc & even got a singsong about how Spurs & United are wankers.
Top night...had bags of respect for City ever since.

Also the full day/night I was in Manchester I met 1 supporter of United (who wasn't from Manchester funnily enough) guy was a total cockend...laughed my bollocks off when you done them for the title last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.