Favourite Scottish team

got a soft spot for Stranraer but just because my in laws come from there .. the footie club is in some mess though and could easily go bust

aka blue jambo said:
got a soft spot for Stranraer but just because my in laws come from there .. the footie club is in some mess though and could easily go bust

I think when you sell out to a housing association, it can only go one way.

It looks purely like an asset stripping exercise, and a way to get the land for housing.

Queen's Park for me. Amateur Club but own and play at Hampden Park. QUALITY! :)

Also like Berwick Rangers. I was up there this year and it's a lovely ENGLISH town! ;)

Glasgow Man City said:
aka blue jambo said:

I think when you sell out to a housing association, it can only go one way.

It looks purely like an asset stripping exercise, and a way to get the land for housing.

aye but its a bit of a strange one as the ground is owned by the council anyway ..the housing assoc only bought over the social club and claim to be saving it for the town ???

Used to be Gretna, I thought it was really funny that a club that had never been out of the very lower reaches of English football(they had never been in a higher league than Workington), could get to the top in Scotland. It was clear that the SFA hated them and did everything they could to make sure they went under.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Used to be Gretna, I thought it was really funny that a club that had never been out of the very lower reaches of English football(they had never been in a higher league than Workington), could get to the top in Scotland. It was clear that the SFA hated them and did everything they could to make sure they went under.

the SFA,LEAGUE and the media all hated Gretna .. some of the stuff written about the owner when he was dying was outrageous.

RIP M

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.