Favourite visit to the swamp?

Anyone remember playing Bury in the League Cup at OT maybe early 80’s ?

Yes I remember it as it was the only time i had seen us win there until Wednesday night ! Hadn't been for 23 years. Saw a few draws in 70s and 80s.

I haven't got a favourite visit to the swamp as I've never seen us win there. Used to go there regularly back in the day until the 2010 LC semi. I walked out in utter frustration when Rooney scored to knock us out.

To cut a long story short I got a good hiding when merely waiting for my coach off the TAU police. I vowed never to go there and give those rag bastards another Penny and I've kept my word. A mate offered me a ticket for the 1-6 and I refused it. I would have liked to have been there to see us win if I'm being honest though.

I haven't got a favourite visit to the swamp as I've never seen us win there. Used to go there regularly back in the day until the 2010 LC semi. I walked out in utter frustration when Rooney scored to knock us out.

To cut a long story short I got a good hiding when merely waiting for my coach off the TAU police. I vowed never to go there and give those rag bastards another Penny and I've kept my word. A mate offered me a ticket for the 1-6 and I refused it. I would have liked to have been there to see us win if I'm being honest though.

If you get an offer of one these days take it up. My mate got me one in the rag end and spent the whole time incognito, think one rag twigged a little when Gundohgan misplaced a pass out of play, after that I had to contain myself for the goals. Didn’t see any other blues jump up when we scored, all though I did see the police go into the Stretford end at one point because of something.

All in all what a trip to see that type of second half performance, the tram was surprisingly better than our place for getting back too.

If you get an offer of one these days take it up. My mate got me one in the rag end and spent the whole time incognito, think one rag twigged a little when Gundohgan misplaced a pass out of play, after that I had to contain myself for the goals. Didn’t see any other blues jump up when we scored, all though I did see the police go into the Stretford end at one point because of something.

All in all what a trip to see that type of second half performance, the tram was surprisingly better than our place for getting back too.
Sorry but even though I can usually get a ticket if I want one I won't go there again. I lived in Stretford over 6 months and dated my ex over 5 years. Every time I drove down Chester rd I'd put my sun visor down so I couldn't see the fuckin' carbuncle aka the swamp on a city skyline. I would walk over the canal bridge on Edge lane and always give the v-sign. I think I must have tourette's or something; )

Reactions: SVP
February 12 1955, era of Busby Babes and all that, Duncan Edwards, Roger Byrne, etc.

I went to the swamp and we dismantled the rags 5-0. They just couldn't cope withe "Revie Plan".

I couldn't believe it. I thought we'd never do anything like that again. Just shows you.

Obviously I was just a babe in arms at the time.

Sorry but even though I can usually get a ticket if I want one I won't go there again. I lived in Stretford over 6 months and dated my ex over 5 years. Every time I drove down Chester rd I'd put my sun visor down so I couldn't see the fuckin' carbuncle aka the swamp on a city skyline. I would walk over the canal bridge on Edge lane and always give the v-sign. I think I must have tourette's or something; )
Do the same when I go past the mini swamp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.