FC Copenhagen (A) | Post Match Thread

On the plus side Dave, maybe we needed this. A touch of reality and a match where we had to really work hard and battle for a point away from home against a team who ran and harried us all the game.........coupled with the normal CORRUPT influence from the completely bent UEFA bank of crooks, the latter only strengthened my belief that others share, that we will never be 'allowed' to win this over-hyped and corrupt 'tournament' :-((
Barring any injuries, I am sure this will help the team in the long run as it honed our battling skills ready for the thieving scum on Sunday!
Yer need to grind out a result somewhere in the season. Pity about Mahrez`s pen!

Feels like more!
Wonder how many were missed when it counted. The two Mahrez misses - last night and the Dippers - didn't amount to a great deal of weeping and gnashing of blue teeth. And then there's David Silva's take on a back pass to the oppo goalie from the penalty spot. The only one I can recall as being crucial was the Sergio one versus Haringey, but then memory cells are dwindling rapidly!

Wonder how many were missed when it counted. The two Mahrez misses - last night and the Dippers - didn't amount to a great deal of weeping and gnashing of blue teeth. And then there's David Silva's take on a back pass to the oppo goalie from the penalty spot. The only one I can recall as being crucial was the Sergio one versus Haringey, but then memory cells are dwindling rapidly!

Me too! It just feels like we miss more than we’ve scored in the last few years.

we looked very tired and lethargic but next week because of arsenal cancellation is our only free week till world cup if its taking its toll on us with rotation think of other teams

Just done a bit of research for my own peace of mind.

For City Mahrez record is 10 scored out of 13 taken, which isn't bad BUT of those 10 scored only 4 were pressure pens i.e. when we were either behind or level at the time of the pen. For the other 6, we were already leading & therefore less pressure. Interestingly, the 3 misses were at a time when the scores were level & where we failed to find a winner.
He missed one at Anfield for a winner in the last minute and at West Ham with 5 to go, to win the league.
For professional footballers penalties aren't about technique they're about the pressure of the situation.
This is why I find Mahrez frustrating. For example last week against Southampton, he had a chance to open the scoring with a volleyed chance. He spooned it straight over the bar. In the second half at 2 nil up he's presented with the exact same opportunity and he buried it.
No one can dispute that he is an amazing talent his mindset I'm not so sure about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.