FC Copenhagen (A) - Tue 11th Oct, 17:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The team I want for this has absolutely zero chance of being what Pep wants, but I would honestly rest Cancelo, Rodri (recently back from injury, let’s not push our luck), Bernardo, KDB & Haaland. So I’d pick whatever players are left:

Ederson
Gomez
Laporte
Dias
Akanji
Gundogan
Foden
Palmer
Grealish
Alvarez
Mahrez

Strong enough to win comfortably even without some big names and a chance to see Foden in a deeper role, plus Palmer in the KDB role. But Pep will go much, much stronger than this. I just want those particular key players with maximum energy for the weekend and protected from injury.
Yep. We need those lads rested up and raring to go. Or at least, if he starts with a strong XI, and we get two or three up relatively early (say, HT), he can start subbing off some of our main men.

The team I want for this has absolutely zero chance of being what Pep wants, but I would honestly rest Cancelo, Rodri (recently back from injury, let’s not push our luck), Bernardo, KDB & Haaland. So I’d pick whatever players are left:

Ederson
Gomez
Laporte
Dias
Akanji
Gundogan
Foden
Palmer
Grealish
Alvarez
Mahrez

Strong enough to win comfortably even without some big names and a chance to see Foden in a deeper role, plus Palmer in the KDB role. But Pep will go much, much stronger than this. I just want those particular key players with maximum energy for the weekend and protected from injury.

Id play Rodri,get him back to full fitness.

Save Gundo for the Dippers.

Same with Akanji,play Rico instead.

I think he means we can't win until after the Dortmund game as opposed to before the Sevilla game.
If we win tomorrow and avoid defeat vs Dortmund we top the group.
if we win and Dortmund happen to lose then we can lose by one goal in Dortmund ( unless it is 1-0 ) and still top the group even if we lose our last game.

You never want to get ahead of yourself in any competition but this IMO is the easiest group we have had to date.

if we win and Dortmund happen to lose then we can lose by one goal in Dortmund ( unless it is 1-0 ) and still top the group even if we lose our last game.

You never want to get ahead of yourself in any competition but this IMO is the easiest group we have had to date.
It must be, the dippers have said that many times...

Think Haaland will start, he is so economic with his movement and play he really doesnt need resting like other players do. He will want chump league goals ,and Copenhagen will have to attack if they want something from this game giving the Viking the perfect space to rack some goals up .

As ever I think Pep will go stronger than any of us expect. With Haaland I think there will be an element of him wanting to play all the time and not sure Pep will reign it in at the moment. After Sunday full week of rest so can see him starting tonight. Gundog rested last match so likely to start imo.

Ederson

Akanji
Dias
Laporte
Gomez

Rodri
Gundogan
KDB

Alvarez / Mahrez
Haaland
Grealish

Looking forward to the game, no hint of nastiness from them last week so expecting a good game and a few more goals for the boys, 0-3 or similar.

Nice controlled performance and conserve energy second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.